Monday, 31 July 2017

A Little Bit Of Self Care



Follow

Hello Everyone!

Today we are going to talk a little about self care.

Sometimes I get carried away, I can be a bit of a workaholic and find it really difficult to switch off, this can mean that I take on task after task and spend my entire day, morning to night, working on everything and anything that has come my way and then suddenly I realise weeks have gone by without me taking a break, yes weeks.



I start to notice the tell tale signs that I've pushed too far yet again, the tight chest, the pains in my back, the feelings of anxiety or stress... That's usually the point when I remember I started watching a movie two and a half weeks ago, turned it off to catch up on something and I haven't actually stopped since then.
A few years ago this would have been my cue to head to the town, burn off some stress walking miles around the shops and go home with a new lippie or two. Times have changed though and now I live a three hour round trip from the shops and when you factor in traffic near the city, parking and travel time it just isn't as relaxing as it once was, now I like to relax at home.



The first thing I do to de-stress and begin my self care time is turn that phone on airplane mode, this stops me being distracted as message after message pours in and it also stops me going to my emails or apps and updating for a while, once I know I have my phone out of the picture I start on a bit of pampering

At the moment I have been using the T-Zone range that you can pick up at Superdrug, it's all really affordable and I am enjoying using the products.


The cleansing wipes are amazing, like I've said, sometimes the end of the day arrives and I've not stopped for hours and I just can't be doing with a full cleanse, tone and moisturise and so (provided I've not had a full face of makeup on because I always do the full routine then) a quick wipe with these bad lads and I feel refreshed, also, they're black which is so unusual and I love something different. They have a light musky scent and don't leave any residue behind, job done and off to bed.


I have been enjoying the face masks too, I'm trying to get more into face masks as I really want to look like I have the skin of a teenage girl even though my teen years are long gone but that's another story.
These masks self heat and are activated by water so to use one I wet my face and squeeze the sachet into my hand then massage into my face, if I want the mask to be warmer I just add a little more water, as the mask is massaged in it keeps warming and after about a minute I rinse it all off and boom, clearer looking skin.
The mask is designed to open pores and then the charcoal acts as a magnet to draw out dirt and impurities while the bamboo extract is there to control oil. Magic.


My newest favourite tool in younger skin is the Sensse Anti-Ageing Facial Cleansing Brush and Exfoliator, if you know me you'll know that I love me some anti-ageing tools (read about the other device I'm using at the moment - The PMD Microderm) and you might also know if you follow me on twitter (@RosySparkles) that my beloved Magnitone Lucid died on me and therefore I needed a new cleaning brush and this one ticked all the boxes.


Apart from being beautiful to look at, the Sensse brush has three speeds so that you can set your intensity, the first setting is for sensitive skin (moi) and then goes up to a higher level for deep exfoliation and anti-wrinkle treatment.


The bristles are designed to massage the skin to stimulate collagen and elastin production, which as you probably know, are two of the vital components in reducing fine lines and wrinkles, I have high hopes for this one!
Oh and it also has a built in battery that is supposed to last 60 uses, so you don't have to charge it each time, perfect.


I've been using the Sensse with the facial scrub from T-Zone which is designed the same sort of way as the face packs with the Charcoal to draw out imperfections and the bamboo to keep oil at bay or my Liz Earle cleanser because I love me some Liz Earle.
The T-Zone range are mineral oil free and purifying and I can't wait to try more from the range.

After all of this I do like to just settle down with clean skin, hair in a messy bun, a good book and a glass of wine (or a cup of tea if it isn't wine o'clock, you don't have to stage an intervention!) and after a few hours I start to feel human again, then I check all my emails and start again the next day back on the rollercoaster trying to remember to take a breath!

How do you like to relax?

Have you tried any of these products?

Rosy xx
SHARE:

45 comments

  1. Lovely post!!!!!!! Enjoyed reading it..... Amazing pictures...

    XoXo
    Pond's Facial Foam Review

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh the cleansing brush looks really nice. I love to unwind by taking a nice long bath while sipping on a glass of red wine x Sam


    Sam Hodgett || Beauty, Food & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  3. The face mask sounds lovely! I'm a sucker for anything charcoal haha. My pampering involves a lot of Netflix and some skincare pampering as well!

    www.sustainablysavvy.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. So important to put yourself first! I need to do this more often haha!

    Darriyan xo | http://www.darriyancateland.co.uk/2017/08/welcome-back.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. The products sounds amazing and it really is important to give yourself some time to just rest and do things for yourself!

    xo Tina
    IG: @tinasweetheart
    www.tinasweetheart.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the introduction to TZone! I didn't know anything about them.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really enjoyed this post! I love a good pamper to unwind!

    www.littleluxuriesbylynsey.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really need a cleansing brush in my life and this one looks super cute!
    Dora
    http://www.adropofindigo.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. A bit of self-care or should I say a lot of it is really important, but something we just don't do enough of x

    franklyflawless.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. That mask sounds amazing, I want to try it!

    http://www.myclusterofthoughts.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that you can get those at Superdrug!! I'll definitely be trying the T-zone mask. Good for you for knowing when to hit pause... I could use some help with that!!

    🔮 Pia
    http://gymbagsandjetlags.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh that sounds like a fun skin care range! :)

    I'm glad you're scheduling in some down time to relax and rest - even if it's only for a few minutes to have a bit of a pamper routine! IT's too easy to get caught up with everything that needs done but we really do so much better when we relax and recharge when needed!

    Hope you are having a lovely week so far :)

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. That self heating mask sounds really interesting! The idea that it heats up more when you massage it in is so weird! Also, I like how the wipes are in black instead of the typical white ones you normally would find. I totally know what you mean about starting a movie then stopping it for weeks. It's difficult to get myself to stop working and actually do something to relax too. Every time I try to relax my mind would wander back to what I need to finish up

    ~Andrea Tiffany~
    aglimpseofglam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. A bath and face mask and my favourite ways to unwind! xx

    Beautylymin

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah, totally relating to sometimes not realising you've pushed yourself too far until the physical symptoms kick in - hello back ache! These products sound ideal for a little self care and pampering, especially the Sensse brush - I'd not heard of that before, thanks for the introduction! :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice | Estella Bartlett Jewellery Giveaway (Open Worldwide!) x

    ReplyDelete
  16. The wipes sound amazing, I love a bit of a pamper session to cheer you up!

    Lauren x Huggled

    ReplyDelete
  17. The black makeup wipes have me sold.. I want to try them as their unusual haha! They also sound good too! I try to use one of my days off a week to do more relaxing activites as my job is so hectic and I need that me time! x

    LAURA ­| Laura Thinks About

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful post! In a busy life women should not forget to pamper themselves to look good and beautiful. Designer Scarves Online should be a part of woman's shopping list.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so cool! Thanks for sharing gorgeous xoxo

    http://www.myinfinitystyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love putting my phone on flight mode to relax too, otherwise I end up getting distracted by texts and social media x

    Jenny | LuxeStyle

    ReplyDelete
  21. self care and self-pampering should always be done <3

    xoxo, rae
    http://www.raellarina.net

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such an important post Rosy. Somedays I really have a hard time turning on and off work mode. Its like a part of who I am sometimes, I hate it. I try to read a book everyday and make that time for me or I make time in for a face mask or some extra pampering. Love your tips!

    x,
    Chanel | Je M'appelle Chanel

    ReplyDelete
  23. Similarly to you, I'm trying to prioritise self-care over everything else because without it, everything else will eventually crumble! I love a good face mask and one that's self heating!? I'm there!

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
  24. I haven't tried any of these products but I would absolutely love to, they look incredible. I love the black face wipes, they're so intriguing. I have annoying blackheads, so I think I need to try out something with charcoal in it because it's said to be so good.

    Amy;
    Little Moon Elephant

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm just like you when it comes to being a workaholic and forgetting to rest. Those wipes look incredible, maybe I'll give them a try!
    www.laveinechronicles.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm also trying to get used to masks too, but I never find the time to use them. Would like to get some more me time, but it seems so impossible to get some spare time these days. Have a great week ahead. x

    Andreea,
    http://couturezilla.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love using charcoal products on my skin as well, because it works great agains acne

    ReplyDelete
  28. I definitely enjoy a nice face mask to relax. Also, doing my nails is like therapy for me :)

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I've never tried either of these products but they sound so relaxing and I've always wanted to but never took the leap! I love the idea of turning your phone on airplane mode when taking care of yourself, it helps so much when I put my phone away as well xx

    Sending light & love your way,
    My Lovelier Days

    ReplyDelete
  30. Such great tips! Thanks for sharing!

    xx
    Lauren Elizabeth
    Petite in Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  31. I can totally relate to this post, as I have a habit of taking on too much, and the back pains and feelings of anxiety are very familiar!
    I think we all need to take some time out for pampering from time to time!
    A mask is always a good idea and I love the look of the cleansing and exfoliating brush too!
    Julia x
    http://www.thevelvetrunway.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Ouu, this sounds great! I can relate also, as I sometimes get caught up in the work needing to be done that I sometimes forget to think about myself, and occasionally eat. Terrible :/

    Funmi x
    http://funmialabi.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  33. Airplane mode is such a lifesaver when you're stressed. Especially at night when you should power down and focus on reading a good book and catching some zzz's.

    xx Yasmin
    http://banglesandbungalows.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Sometimes some deep relaxation is needed. With technology constantly in hand, it's hard to have time off.
    Switching off my wifi on my phone or logging out of all my social media works really well for me!

    It's so important to take care of your well being Rosy! I'm glad that you spoilt yourself!

    Steph
    www.socialspying.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is such a lovely post! Like you, I'm always on the go and rarely find time to stop. These are great tips, I'm like you, I like to indulge in my skincare and also to have relaxing bath - that always helps! Lovely post(: Abi | ramblingsofablonde.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  36. Lovely post! You're so right about needing time to yourself - it's crazy how easy it is to forget that. Those products also look fab!

    //teandtwosugars.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  37. I usually reserve my Sunday afternoons to relax with a face mask. It's great for my skin and helps me zone out a bit too since I can't technically do much with a mask on.

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. I like to run a bath and put on a sheet mask. Its the most relaxing combo ever :)

    Laura
    Pink Frenzy

    ReplyDelete
  39. I've tried the pore strips before and wasn't that impressed. I keep hearing about the heated mask though and I really fancy giving that a try. I'm currently trying another cleansing tools from the sensse range and it's going great so far!

    Hannah @ The Northern Writes | www.thenorthernwrites.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  40. This is such an important post, and a lovely one at that. Self-care is so vital and I really love all of your ways to unwind and switch off. Airplane mode is such a must, I often get bogged down by messages and social media stuff that can wait yet it ends up becoming wasted time. I love the look of the self-heating mask, it looks so relaxing and invigorating for the skin, a total win win :) I'm 100% with you on settling down with a good book and a cup of tea (or in my case I'd probably be replacing wine with a piña colada haha). The T-Zone range looks really worthwhile, I'm eyeing up those wipes too and like you, like the fact that they're black and a little different <3

    Sophie | soinspo xo

    ReplyDelete
  41. I can so relate to this! I relax by using face masks and listening to music. Lately I haven't been so chill though since it's Game of thrones season hahaha!

    http://www.pinkoolaid.com/

    ReplyDelete
  42. such an interesting and useful post! Thanks for sharing!
    xx
    cvetybaby.com

    ReplyDelete
  43. great post x

    http://the-fight-for-a-dream.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  44. It's so important to make time for this, I agree! I have been using the TZone range and enjoying it, especially the heat activated mask.

    https://amyevans.co.uk - Amy

    ReplyDelete

© Sparkles of Light. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig