Friday, 12 August 2016

Top 5 Movie Moments In Real Life Situations



Hello Everyone,

Today we are back with another light hearted Top 5 post, this time we're talking movie references that apply to real life... often.



My last movie reference was when I casually mentioned that I tend to go a little Liam Neeson whilst in certain driving situations and that led me to think about the other times movie references pop into my head in daily life.

Without further ado, bring on the movies:

Titanic - I'll Never Let Go:



That Romantic moment when Rose releases a newly expired Jack into the deep dark sea whilst whispering "I'll Never Let Go" (which, by the way, makes no sense as she says it whilst she's letting go and watching him sink) but this moment plays in my mind every single time I use up some Limited Edition makeup, that packaging was so pretty, that product is no more and as I take it to the bin and say my last goodbyes I'm forever thinking of this scene.

An Officer and a Gentleman:



Forget being carried off by a military man in uniform, hell no, I have this moment when I find something amazing in a sale, the last handbag with 60% off, I walk like our friend Richard Gere clutching his beloved right up to the till and pay... I even expect a round of applause.

When Harry Met Sally:


I'm sure most of you are familiar with the fake orgasm moment in 'When Harry Met Sally' but this is literally me with food, any food... just food.
I often think of this moment when I'm reading one of the delicious foodie posts by Ellie from The Elle Next Door's blog (seriously, take a look at some of those photographs and tell me you don't do this too)

The Sound of Music:


Let's be 100% real here, I live in the countryside far away from any towns, I have a small child, I have many pets, all of this adds up to not a lot of time to myself to shop, but, on those rare occasions I get myself some alone shopping time, I head straight to Waterstones to browse the new releases and as I enter the doorway to the lovely quiet bookshop I'm overwhelmed with the freedom of it all and it is all I can do not to burst through the doors screaming "THE HILLS ARE ALIVE WITH THE SOUND OF MUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCC" sadly I sometimes fail to stop myself and I'm now banned from most Waterstones in the country.

Jaws -You're Gonna Need a Bigger Boat:


You know the drill, you've had a bad month, you've watched a few hauls online, you had a glass or 24 of a wine and got a little click happy online shopping, the postman arrives and just like Brody in Jaws (when he finally realises how effin massive that shark is), I walk backward in shock to my husband as the postman starts getting his crane out to deliver my cargo... Mate, we're gonna need a bigger boat.

I hope you enjoyed these movie moments, which movies ring true with your lives?

Rosy xx
SHARE:

52 comments

  1. This was a fun read! I love your Titanic reference because that's just a funny one. I heard a little boy talk to an empty tissue box I threw away once and he said, "Rest in Peace my friend." As if it were alive! I think I relate more to Vine references now and use them quite a bit. For example, "America Explain!" when something doesn't make sense just because the video itself is funny and the tone is great. (:

    Single Vegas Girl
    http://singlevegasgirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I love funny references and memes :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  2. Love the post! So fun!
    Dora www.BangsBang.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is so funny and original, totally made me smile the whole way through! The postman vibes circa Brody in jaws I can definitely relate to, I think us girls deserve all the boats in the world for our cargo, shopping can't half be tiring sometimes, right?! ;) Loved this post! <3

    Sophie | soinspo xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I often need a cruise liner to ship my stuff haha

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  4. haha this was so entertaining to read! To be honest with me I always have a Liam Neeson moment whenever I'm looking for some kind of a specific food I'm craving. I'll just sit there like "I will find you..."

    www.thesundaymode.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, I get like that with food too, I go a little hunger crazy sometimes.

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  5. Titanic forever! I used to watch it every Christmas with friends and family so I guess that is one of many reasons why I love it. Leonardo being the first as always! :) http://www.igaberry.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha totally loved this post! x

    www.57-days.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely loved this. Definitely the "We're going to need a bigger boat." Going to start saying that every time I go on a shopping spree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I hope to start a trend :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  8. Nice picks! I love sound of musoc! Its an all time classic!
    http://sepatuholig.blogspot.com
    IG @grace_njio

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post!
    NEW BLOG ! please follow me : YOUNG BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  10. "When Harry Meet Sally" - I've got the same moment! Love this post, so fun!!!
    http://karolinabrozis.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so inspiring! I love the post:)

    irenethayer.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this! Especially the "we're gonna need a bigger boat" moment my boyfriend gets when my online shopping arrives. Mwahaha.
    That, and food orgasms. Always food orgasms. :P

    Christie's Take on Life. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The postman will start arriving by cruise liner at my house soon haha

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  13. haha this is really funny
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. LMAOOO! This is so damn true and thank you for the good laugh! HAHA!

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) glad you enjoyed this Shireen :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  15. Very cool post! It's true, so many of these are sayings that might come to mind every day. You need Liam Neeson to drive anywhere these days and whenever I see a field I think of The Sound of Music!

    Http://Leftbankgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liam Neeson is slowly what I'm morphing into haha

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  16. Titanic will always be one of my favorite movies! A true classic for sure.

    http://www.thebeautybeau.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lol this post was hilarious. Have a great day Rosy x

    Gemma
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. Haha....I'm like that with food as well. Food is forever bae. I definitely agree with Titanic. Doesn't make sense at all. Lol!

    http://missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so weird isn't it, saying 'I'll nver let go' whilst actually letting go...

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  19. This made me laugh haha. The "When Harry Met Sally" is totally me with food too!

    Lauren | https://www.laurenslifestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, high fives on the food crew :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  20. Bad idea to read this post at work. Hahaha... you're very funny and witty. I love all the movie references and how you were able to relate it to your everyday life.

    Keep your sense of humor. It's life saving. xo

    AFU

    ReplyDelete
  21. This post was hilarious! Loved it :D
    www.elliswoolley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my god this is so funny haha, I love it! You seem so lovely too, we should follow each other and keep in touch.. let me know! x

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. These movies are classic, you got a nice post here.

    www.busyandfab.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello! I love your blog so much! This post is so good! You're a very good writer, how long have you had your blog? I will definitely read it again, in fact, I've just followed you! Would you mind following me too on www.jeanithoughts.blogspot.co.uk ? I post philosophy, poetry and occasionally fashion too!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love this post, these are such amusing moments. I'm always comparing my life to movies, mainly Sex and the City.

    http://ohduckydarling.com

    ReplyDelete

© Sparkles of Light. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig