Wednesday, 31 August 2016

Jamie's Italian Edinburgh Review



Hello Everyone!

Today we are discussing one of my favourite things, food. Glorious, glorious food.

The lovely people at Jamie's Italian invited me along to try their Super Lunch Menu and if you know anything about me, you'll know this was a no brainer for me, I love Jamie Oliver (especially when he does those Christmas cooking shows, yes Jamie, yes!) and I have a fair few Jamie Oliver cookbooks (Shout out to Jamie's 15 Minute Meals) but mainly, yes I love food.



Now before we get into the good bit (the food) let me just mention that the decor inside Jamie's Italian is very much how you would imagine a gorgeous little Italian bistro in the heart of Rome would look, very intimate with atmospheric mood lighting... Unfortunately, I wasn't expecting the mood lighting and thus I made the error of taking my small camera without all the flashes and so some of the interior shots are a little darker than normal, so should you be blogging a visit, don't make my mistake, take your professional camera!



So, as I said earlier I went to Jamie's Italian in Edinburgh to try the Super Lunch Menu with Mr Sparkles of Light and Baby Sparkles of Light.

Mr Sparkles and I decided to go for the three courses from the Lunch Menu:



Meanwhile, mini me was treated to the kid's menu:



From the gorgeous looking lunch menu I couldn't wait to try the Truffle Tagliatelle because I'd recently tried truffle oil for the first time and really enjoyed it so the sound of truffle butter and truffle shavings sounded heavenly to me.



Seriously, all the noms, every last one. My mouth is watering looking back and remembering this now.

Mr Sparkles opted for Fritto Misto, which was sustainable fish and squid fried in fennel spiced flour... again, all of the noms, I of course sampled his too because... I'm a professional ok? 

*Disclaimer, I really tried everything that came to our table because I'm a little greedums*


 The main meal choices were just as difficult to decide on, it didn't help that we could see food flying out the kitchen and everything going by looked fantastic but finally I picked Penne Alla Norma which was a penne pasta with a spicy tomato sauce, aubergine and olive sauce and was absolutely delicious, I will be definitely having a go at recreating this at home.


Mr Sparkles finally settled on steak and fries which was cooked in a herby garlic butter and served with fresh rocket and parmesan.



 I have to admit, I was a little envious of Mr Sparkles when I saw his steak (which was cooked to perfection) so what's a girl to do? Yeah I demanded a share situation.


After the #ShareGate, it was time to pick our puddings, for me there was only one viable option, Epic Brownie, if ever there is some form of chocolate cake or brownie on the menu, no other dish will get a look in.
My brownie came with salted caramel ice cream and caramalised popcorn (I know right? I bet you're drooling now).


 Mr Sparkles had Strawberries and Frozen Yoghurt which came looking like a party in a glass, I was really impressed and managed to not eat any of his... absolute lies, I ate that too.



 Now let's not forget Baby Sparkles, she had her pick of the kids menu and she wanted the 'Jamie's Proper Picnic Box' and just look how it came:


This was such a cute idea for kids and the presentation was fantastic, most of it was eaten and Baby Sparkles made her mummy proud, she stole our food too, ah mini me.

I absolutely loved Jamie's Italian in Edinburgh, I'll definitely be going back soon as there was so much I wanted to try, everything we had was really tasty and moreish, the waitress we had was lovely and even spoke to my little one which gained her some brownie points in my book.

Overall I couldn't recommend this place enough and I'd love to hear how you get on if you do go (or if you go to one off the other Jamie's Italians up and down the country).

Where do you like to eat out?

Rosy xx



















SHARE:

52 comments

  1. I love the interior! SO unique and home-y like!
    Dora www.BangsBang.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's really rustic :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  2. I laughed my way through this. I would totally be a greedums too! I adore the carbonara there, just can't beat it!

    Hannah xx

    Www.hannahelizabethblg.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it's good to be a greedums sometimes :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  3. Wow! I think there's a Jamie Oliver here in Adelaide..I'll have to try it!

    www.jeannechristinemarie.blogspot.com
    * Instagram * Facebook *

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jamie Oliver is actually my fave, such a legend! And I love his restaurants too, kinda no brainers, like.. they're always going to be good! That tagliatelle sounded divine and the picnic box was so bloody cute!

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, the picnic box was a bit of a personal fave

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  5. Looks so good, yummy!!!

    www.stayclassi.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. very interesting post!!! now i follow you on tweeter,bloglovin and instagram i hope you follow me too!!! happy September!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This all looks amazing! I've wanted to try out the Brighton store for a while now- I'm definitely going to have to go an visit!

    Georgia | The Weekend Attic

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, everything looks SO good, lady!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of these meals look terrific, especially that penne with pasta sounds great, Jamie Oliver is such a legend :)

    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhhh yum! Everything looks amazing and is making me super hungry right now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow this place looks amazing
    xo

    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks so cosy!
    There's also a varied offer, which is great.

    Have a nice weekend.
    Celien | The Losing Struggle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I was really impressed :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  13. Aw I love Jamie Oliver - he just seems so down to earth and such a sweetie pie lol. The food looks amazing! The nearest Jamie restaurant for me is in London - which sucks! X

    ♡ itsjessiejane ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're ever in London you should definitely try the lunch menu, I really liked it :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  14. Great review, this looks absolutely delicious!

    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. this looks like a very tasty and fun adventure!

    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wouldn't pass this invitation too. I love food - it is forever bae. Lol! Great shots, kinda making me hungry. I haven't eaten in one of his restaurants, but I definitely want to try it out. Thanks for sharing. :)

    http://missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get chance to, the food was seriously yummy.

      Rosy | Sparkles of Light Blog

      Delete
  17. What a great invite! Your photos, especially desserts, are making me feel peckish! Iga x http://igaberry.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was super happy to be invited :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  18. I love Jamie's Italian the food is amazing! The closest one to me is in Newcastle it's so nice, I'm obsessed with the Italian Nachos!

    Lauren Ashleigh xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might visit the Newcastle one next time I'm there :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  19. The place looks absolutely gorgeous and I bet the food is delicious! Thanks for the review, I would love to visit it xx

    mylifeasmarinaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you ever do, let me know :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  20. The food looks so delicious, I would enjoy eating there very much :)
    Nati xx
    www.simplyartdicted.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. It looks delicious! :)
    http://hairandvibes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was, especially the steak :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  22. The decor is unique and cool. The food looks delicious and made me hungry!

    xo
    www.carinavardie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked the decor, it was an interesting mash up.

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  23. I love Jamie Oliver and his recipes never failed me before! You lucky girl to be invited to testing!

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sounds great! These foods look yummy :)
    xoxo

    http://www.myinfinitystyle.com/

    ReplyDelete

© Sparkles of Light. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig