Monday, 8 August 2016

All Is Not Forgotten by Wendy Walker | Spoiler Free



Hello Everyone,

Today I have another book review for you all, this time we are talking about All Is Not Forgotten by Wendy Walker


It's no secret that I am a huge fan of a good psychological thriller, in fact, it's the genre I read most often... And yes, I am that person who tapes all the crime and mystery dramas that my Sky+ has to offer in addition to my reading addiction, what can I say? I like to terrorize myself.

All Is Not Forgotten was kindly sent to me for review and I couldn't wait to get stuck in, I was hopeful I would enjoy this book due to the fact that there have been talks of a movie in the works already, and I'll tell you now my friends, I wasn't disappointed.

I can't go into too much detail without spoiling the twists and turns that this book will take you on, what I can do is lay out a basic plot for you:

Jenny is a teenage girl in a small town in Connecticut where not a lot seems to go wrong, until one night at a party when Jenny is viciously raped to the point of needing corrective surgery.
To try and minimise the impact this attack will have on Jenny's life, she is given a controversial memory erasing treatment and so they can all move on happily ever after right?
Wrong.
Jenny has a hard time with her emotions and feelings surrounding an attack she can't remember but has all the facts of, her mother, Charlotte, wants to pretend nothing happened and carry on as before and her father, Tom, becomes obsessed with trying to find Jenny's attacker with the fear that he may be one of the community.

This is a story that explores a family falling apart whilst trying to keep everything together and explores the areas of family bonds, secret pasts, morality, sexual violence and everything you can imagine that would come with these trigger areas.

I loved this book, I was gripped from the very start, I've not been so into a book that I lost hours of my time since I read The Girl on the Train last year and I'd recommend this to anyone who enjoys a crime novel or a psychological thriller but perhaps I'd shy away from this if sexual language and detailed descriptions of rape would offend you, personally I'm able to read these areas but I know that for some, they can be a bit traumatic.

If you've read this book or have any recommendations along the same genre line please let me know,

Rosy xx



SHARE:

38 comments

  1. Wow this sounds so dark and gripping. If I see it at the library I'll pick it up. Is it YA? I'm guessing not from what you said about the scenes of sexual violence but you never know these days.
    V
    http://sirvikalot.wordpress.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No it's not YA but the as the central character is a teenage girl I think it makes the transition from YA to Adult much easier :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  2. omg it sounds so intriguing! I might have to read it. The Girl On The Train is one of my ABSOLUTE fave reads in this genre (after all the Gillian Flynn books esp Gone Girl). I recently read YOU by Caroline Kepnes and gurrrrrrrl, that book is unlike anything I have read in psychological thrillers. You gotta read it x

    Noor | Noor's Place

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'You' is sitting on my bedside table waiting to be picked up asap I can't wait to read it, I also loved Gone Girl but I wasn't a huge fan of Gillian Flynn's other novels :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  3. Ahh I love physiological thriller-type books, so I may have to look into this! Thanks for the recommendation. And I'm still yet to read The Girl On the Train, but I really need to. Everyone I know seems to love it! Great post, Rosy :)
    Julia || Julia in Bluhm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You Should definitely give them both a read, I love a good thriller :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  4. Gurrrrrrrrl this book sounds so intriguing and so my type. Psychological thriller is one of my favorite genres (main thanks for Gillian Flynn to give me a start with Gone Girl). I recently read YOU by Caroline Kepnes and that book blew my mind. It's such a creepy and dark book of this genre and quite unlike errrythaaang I have ever read in my life.

    Noor | Noor's Place

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to read 'You' :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  5. Very lovely! I like this so much.

    ** Join Love, Beauty Bloggers on facebook. A place for beauty and fashion bloggers from all over the world to promote their latest posts!


    BEAUTYEDITER.COM
    INSTAGRAM @BEAUTYEDITER

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love psychological thrillers so this sounds right up my street! I haven't read a book in ages that's had me properly gripped!
    Amy xx
    www.callmeamy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should give this one a go :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  7. This book sounds like such a powerful read- I'm into psychological thrillers, too so I bet I'd love this!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well if you pick it up let me know :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  8. This sounds like an amazing book! I love thrillers!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeat Soles

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sure sounds like a great thought-provoking book. I need to work on my reading. Thanks for sharing.

    http://missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you get to pick up some books soon :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  10. This book sounds interesting but I wouldn't be able to sleep at night reading this.
    Angie | Chocolate & Lipstick | Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah that's a shame, perhaps give it a swerve then :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  11. I wish I had more time to read, this book sounds great
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. book looks great!
    NEW BLOG ! please follow me : YOUNG BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a great book if you are into the dark thrillers. Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love a good dark book :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  14. Thanks so much for sharing this book. This genre of literature is right up my alley. This motivates me to start back reading!

    http://www.thebeautybeau.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooo, this sounds like my kind of genre! And you did great by reviewing this book without giving out any spoiler and still getting your readers interested in the book. Great job!

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank's Shireen that means a lot :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  16. This is so inspiring! I love the post:)

    irenethayer.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm always looking for intriguing books, this sounds intense! Will keep it in mind when I need drama.
    Thanks for the review!

    Http://leftbankgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you manage to read it :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  18. Ooooh this book sounds very interesting. I'll have to add it to my list of books to read! Thanks for sharing. :)
    ♥NY
    Yours Truly, NY | INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you pick it up Natalie :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  19. It sounds like a interesting book! :)
    http://hairandvibes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© Sparkles of Light. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig