Sunday, 24 July 2016

Top 5 Truths About Driving



Hello Everyone,

As promised after my last post where I pretty much went Christina Aguilera in Fighter (which you can read here) I'm returning with a lighter post today, one not so emo as my last attempt at honesty (although I always loved that emo hair and dark makeup but I'm waaayyyy to old to carry that off).

Without further ado I bring you:

5 Truths About Driving


Driving can be absolutely fantastic, windows down, wind in your hair and the open horizon ahead... but sometimes shit gets real problems can arise and these are some of the moments I'm not entirely proud of but I know others can relate.

1. Road Rage:

You surely know the moment when you've been minding your sweet business and some tosser in a 4x4 pulls up behind your car flashing his lights and gesticulating like a madman for you to speed the hell up...

Dude its a 60, I'm doing 60, I'm not getting points on my licence for your aggressive self to get ahead by two cars.

The moment that he passes and gives you the finger, oh girl it's on! Picture Liam Neeson in Taken:

"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for a car chase I can tell you I don't have the balls, but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you say sorry now that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you, but if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you and I will OVERTAKE you."

2. Car Parks:

That moment when you've secured a coveted spot near the front of the shopping center, it's time to leave and head off home, but first, you have a tonne of take away sushi to devour whilst catching up on the emails, whatsapps, texts, comments and Instagramming you missed while you were incommunicado in H&M's sale rail, where better to do it that from inside your car so you can eat without being watched (is it just me that this is a thing for?) and then casually leave once you're full of Japanese Food.
Apart from there's another dude in a bigger and flashier car than yours indicating for your spot and tooting his horn... Fella I finished my sushi 14 minutes ago but I will literally sit here till I expire if it means you wont get this spot.
#SorryNotSorry

3. Speed Cameras:

On a 60 road, doing 60, spot that yellow box of fear and immediately drop to 40 driving by all smug like "The POPO Can't Handle Me".

4. Obstacles:

Maybe not a problem in cities or other countries but in the British countryside, no one wants to take action, everyone is far too... well, British!

There's an abandoned tractor that has turned this country lane into a single track road, two cars approach at the same time, now the highway code does state that if the obstacle is on your side of the road then the other side has right of way... not in the countryside (unless it's another 4x4 because those drivers literally give zero effs), no, here in the country we all pull over and flash our lights at one another to indicate the other may go.

After 45 years one of you will eventually take the plunge and go and as you pass you'll both wave and smile at one another like you've just received their last Rolo (other chocolate based sweets are available).

5. The Murderers:

Driving along a dark road listening to an old 'Now' album when he comes flying the other way, the moron with the main beams on, dazzled you try and flash your lights to let them know they're about to see you finished off, they take not one scrap of notice and you fly off the road, over a cliff and burst into flames.

*Dramatisation - May Not Have Happened*

I hope you enjoyed this post and can relate to some of these points (and if you're a 4x4 driver, no actual shade thrown here, it's all tongue in cheek).

What are your driving truths?

See you all soon,

Rosy xx










SHARE:

33 comments

  1. Haha love this post! I'm still doing lessons at the moment but some of these can relate to those. Thanks for sharing :) x

    www.57-days.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, glad you can relate :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  2. I am not a driver yet but loved the post!
    Dora www.BangsBang.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you could still enjoy it :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  3. Would sign under every word, babes! Now, time for brutal honesty & confession: I am not yet driving here in the UK because I am chickening out haha.
    I have my driving license and everything but I am used to driving on the right hand side of the road and would drive without giving it much thought anywhere in the world (but the UK, obviously). Once I tried to drive home from Tesco's and had to stop the car mid-way for my hubby to take over. I was so overwhelmed because I nearly went into the oncoming traffic thinking "automatically". Morale: I need lessons to start driving in this country :)
    One of the biggest pet peeves - rude drivers!
    Thanks for sharing this post, babes <3
    xox Nadia
    www.mielandmint.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Learning to drive on the other side of the road can be difficult, I had to do the same thing when I moved abroad and it definitely takes a good while to get used to it!

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  4. Thank you for sharing this post, it made me laugh and I am going to start my lessons soon and I think I'll be able to relate to all of these :) x

    mylifeasmarinaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, good luck on your lessons, you'll soon be identifying with most of these I bet :)

      Rosy | Sparkles of Light Blog

      Delete
  5. Loved this post, so true!

    www.darcydoodledoo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post!

    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope we don't have speed cameras here. I am pretty ruthless on the road. Some people just cannot drive! LOL

    http://www.thebeautybeau.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm guessing you're not in Europe then :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  8. This is all hilariously true! I get the worst road rage, honestly I don't know where it comes from, other drivers need to get off the road!😂 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I second and third that :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  9. Your dog though!! Ahh so cute :)

    Georgia | The Weekend Attic

    ReplyDelete
  10. LMAOOO! You are a woman after my own heart, I mean come on! You quoted Taken?! Gosh, I love that movie and Liam Neeson kicked serious arse! And I'm with you on the parking space, if someone is patient and waits for me to drive away then I will probably feel a touch embarrassed and quickly drive away but as soon as the person honks at me, game over. I will stay at that parking spot till next year.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I honestly go a little bit 'Taken' whilst dealing with inconsiderate drivers on the road :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  11. This is bloody hilarious because it's SO true! Road rage, slowing down to extreme degrees and the murderers are my nemesis!

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're bloody annoying aren't they!

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  12. Hahahahaaa.....great fun post! I can't drive, but I definitely know what you talking about. Driving can be scary if you ask me. Lol!

    http://missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly can at times :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  13. This was really entertaining to read and sadly real. We drove in Honolulu on a recent holiday (opposite side of the road for us) and I must say I found the drivers there to be the nicest most patient drivers I've seen. I hope I brought some of that relaxed attitude back with me to spread on our roads :)

    www.thesundaymode.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like relaxed driving, round here people tend to act frantic for some bizarre reason.

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  14. Ive got my driving test in just over a weeks time and these things already effect me haha, I dread to think how bad it will be when I haven't got my driving instructor in my car with me! x

    themakeupartistschoice.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so unnerving at first but it quickly becomes second nature :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  15. Some people are just so impatient and rude! My favorite is when people speed up to pass me only to cut in front of me and then be stuck behind the car that was slowing the both of us down in the first place. I would have gone faster but someone was in my way! Then there are the people who have to prove a point and speed up super fast only to brake for a red light. Really cool bro. xD

    Single Vegas Girl
    http://singlevegasgirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it's so annoying isn't it?

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  16. Ha ha ha can relate to these! We have moved house so am not used to the country lanes, I am doing speed limit however. But the amount with lights on full right up behind me as they are used to death turns and random wild feral animals jumping out in front of you is getting annoying

    Stacey xxx UnicornFairy.net

    ReplyDelete

© Sparkles of Light. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig