Monday, 20 June 2016

Top 5 Annoying People On Facebook



Hello Everyone,

Today's post is a little different, perhaps a little antagonistic but overall, as usual, this is meant to be tongue in cheek and not offensive.

Disclaimer out of the way, let's continue with the Top 5 Annoying People on Facebook.



Facebook - an effective tool for keeping up with old friends and family, stalking your ex friends or lovers (let's be honest, most of us have done at least one of these in the past) and joining various groups or local area pages. Facebook really can deliver exactly what you need, however, there is a dark side of Facebook, a side that can make it hard to control your temper, your sarcastic comments or that all important 'unfriend' button...

Welcome to the Top 5 Annoying People on Facebook.

Chances are you will have a friend or 12 that repeatedly commits these offenses... perhaps you are one of these people yourself (and I'm not going to lie, I've been guilty of a few of these myself, but I'm not going to be admitting which ones they were!)

Without further ado, I give you the Top 5 Blood Boiling Facebookisms:


  1. The Politically Affronted: No matter what is going on in the world, this friend manages to make it about them. If there's a bandwagon to jump on, they'll be the one already there checking the tickets as people hop on. This person repeatedly jumps from one political cause to the next, takes a blinkered view (no debates please, they can only handle their own views) and annoys the hell out of you by trying to start a revolution with facts and figures they've made up when you just want to see pictures of cats with funny slogans.

       2. The Perfect Life: Some people have lives we are so envious of, posting beach selfies with                  clear blue skies as they sip an exotic looking cocktail while you're crying into your decaff                    watching the rain wash away your summer dreams... (Just me?) But there are also the perfect              life fakers, the ones that post pictures of how amazing their life is, how everyone must be                    jealous of their amazing husband/designer bag/child prodigy/dream job but they forget that                  some people know them in real life and we know they're lying. This just gets awkward. I'm not            suggesting you tell the world that last night you ate a take away alone whilst sniffing your t-                shirt to see if you'll get another day out of it, this is something we all keep to ourselves, but                  please, don't tell us all that Bradley Cooper called and you were too busy planning a trip to                  Miami that you couldn't answer it, we all know you're lying.

       3. The Passive Aggressors: You know the ones, they post a vaguely threatening status aimed at              someone very obvious with loads of talk about how they'll be taking no more of this person's              crap... only to back down and all all cryptic when said person comments! Come on Meryl, it's              obvious you were mad at Jane, everyone knows it's Jane, Jane knows it's Jane, don't back                   down now because you look a fool!

          e.g. Meryl Somebody: Feeling Amused: If you're going to talk to my ex at least have the guts               to tell me yourself you low life slapper beginning with J, rhymes with pain.
             -  Comment: Jane Random: Is this aimed at me Meryl?
             -  Comment: Meryl Somebody: No babe, just having a bad day
         
         Really Meryl? Really? Am I the only one who wants Meryl to have the balls to finish what she            started?
      
      4. The Reward Seeker: This is a person who has done something they are really bloody pleased             with themselves over, perhaps they gave blood, they might be breast feeding but FML, we all               know about it now, the rest of us keep things like this to ourselves, maybe our friends know,                 maybe not, but all over facebook talking about how amazing you are, it's extremely annoying.            We applaud your enthusiasm and we're happy you're doing good in the world but stop                          facebook snivelling, there's one in particular on my facebook who always posts about how                  she's a better mother than any bottle feeding mum because she is going with breast feeding and            although I breast fed myself, I am not naive enough to think this is the sole ingredient to good              parenting, also, trying to shame other mothers on a daily basis isn't cool.

       5. The Selfie Submitter: Now let's get real, if I get a good selfie I'm going to post it, I don't care            how obvious it is that I'm in the mirror all dressed up with nowhere to go, I think the majority              of us do this now and then, but there are a select few that manage to post around 40 selfies a                day (no exaggeration). These are the ones that turn every single event into a selfie opportunity.

           Happy Birthday Best Friend: Insert fourteen pictures of yourself with said friend.
           I've Been Out For Coffee: Eight pictures of you smiling into a latte.
           Look, I Got A Cute Card For Nana: Insert you, smiling, holding said card.
           It's Raining: Thirty pictures of you looking sad about rain...

          Come the feck on mate, we know what you're doing, we all know what you're doing.

So I hope you can relate to some of these annoyances, maybe you're an offender yourself (I've definitely posted a couple of shameful things myself) but if you don't recall ever seeing any of these, scroll back through your feed... just to be sure.

Rosy xx
SHARE:

40 comments

  1. Hahaha omg I love this! The worst people are definitely the ones who write a huge status moaning about something/someone and then say "message me" when someone asks what's wrong! xx

    Jessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! every single time haha

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  2. Hahaha! Hilarious post "No Jane, I'm just having a bad day" :DD

    Those passive aggressive statuses are the worst, although I suppose it's easy to overshare on social media... I've even done it myself and then hastily deleted lol !

    Now I just use Facebook to share pix and that's about it :D


    - Lubna | The Digital Review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mostly use Facebook to look at what everyone else is up to now, not too much about my own life on there.

      Rosy | Sparkles of Light Blog

      Delete
  3. So funny, loved this post. Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! Enjoyed reading this. I hate most of the people in facebook when I open my feed. So I spend lesser time in there like 5 minutes then I'm out. Haha, I just couldn't handle the people there.

    Love, Fads
    InstagramTwitter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, so many opportunities to go crazy haha

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  5. Waw such a cool post! I really love these photos, good job! ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡
    Check my blog HERE

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm 22 & have never had facebook so I can't really relate. But I can imagine how awful the people are!

    Katie // Words by Katie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahahahaha....lol I wish I could kiss you right now for doing a post like this . I had a friend who falls into the passive aggressors, when she got tired of posting all that on both facebook and instagram (which was directed at me) with me giving them the ultimate response(Silence!),she had no choice but to unfollow And block me. Guess she got fed up of herself . The perfect fakers I think are just bored. Great post dear i'm still laughing at most of your points.

    www.stylenbeautylounge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'm so glad you enjoyed reading this, I'm glad you were able to rise above the facebook and instagram comments you were getting too :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  8. Haha I love this post so much! This pretty much sums up my whole facebook!x

    http://57-days.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. This really made me laugh! I feel like I'm in the minority but I don't like Facebook as everyone gets offended so easily, I find Twitter to be a lot more easy going (sometimes anyway haha) xx

    Gemma ♡ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely prefer twitter, so much more relaxed than facebook :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  10. Such a fun post dear! Thank You for sharing!
    Much love, Pisa
    www.inlovewithmyclothes.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This was a funny read. x

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really enjoyed reading your post, dear, each of your statement was so on point, Rosy! Personally I don't understand perfect life fakers, they're really annoying!

    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They infuriate me so much!

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  13. This made me laugh out loud! It's so true, Facebook is riddled with irritating people! Mines flooded with political rants at the moment because of the referendum, but my real bugbear is the people who write an open ended status and then don't spill the beans! Eg. "Karma is a bitch and you're gonna get what's coming to you!" (Feeling annoyed) and then a comment "you k Hun?" Followed by the response "I've PM-ed you Hun"
    Argh! Thanks for posting this, glad I'm not alone!

    Lucy x- Yellowicing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! The secret PM messages drive me mad!

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  14. LOL..this is perfect! I hate when people turn the simplest things on FB into political issues and miss the concept!
    Omnivogues

    ReplyDelete
  15. I cannot agree more with those points XD I get them all the times xx

    Bollianaxo | Student's Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh the Political one is so apt for today! I love this post, it's brilliant.

    Hannah xx

    http://hannahelizabethblg.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my facebook has been crazy today

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  17. Hahaha this made me laugh! We all have these people in our lives.. I barely ever used FB now, partly because of THOSE people. People who air their dirty laundry too, or smatter every post with photos of their baby scans, or who make an innane post to say they're making an omelette. Dullsville. And oh my word yes to 4, I can think of one in particular who'll post every single little micro-victory, so irritating. Rant over! Great post!

    www.Barely There Beauty.com | British Beauty & Lifestyle blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Facebook infuriates me these days, I seldom use it myself anymore.

      Rosy | Sparkles of Light Blog

      Delete
  18. 'Am I the only one who wants Meryl to have the balls to finish what she started' haha this really made me chuckle, you're so right. I'm not on Facebook any more mainly because of all of the reasons you just listed! Fab post Rosy xx
    www.beautiful-solutions.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'm glad you agree with me, Meryl let herself down :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  19. Haha this post was so funny and relatable I definitely have at least one person on my Facebook who falls into each of these categories!

    Ella xx
    www.inellaselement.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© Sparkles of Light. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig