Saturday, 28 May 2016

Top 5 Physcological Thrillers



Hello Everyone,

For those of you who follow my book videos on YouTube, you'll already know how much I love a good Psychological Thriller / Crime novel but I also know that in the Book Blogger and Book Tuber community, this genre is often missed out, for those of you who would like to dip your toes into an exciting, adrenaline fueled read or to those of you who are already converts but would like more recommendations?

I've got your back.


So obviously I'm about to plug my YouTube video because, you know, followers and that but for those of you who want to read rather than watch I'll list the books below, if you watch though you'll be treated to my witty bantz and more in depth discussion.

So here's the video or scroll down for the text.





The Books:


Gone Girl : Gone Girl may seem a bit of an obvious choice, everyone and their cats, dogs, chickens and nans were talking about this book, I came late to the party but wow, what a party! This has everything you'd want, mystery, adrenaline, punchy dialogue and shock factor. If you've already seen the movie don't be put off - the book is way way WAY better. Give it a go, you won't be sorry.

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo : As another popular movie adaptation, there's a good chance you've watched The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo but as usual, the book offers so much more, I was hooked. Be warned, this is a more meaty read but definitely worth the effort.

Stranger Child : Rachel Abbott has become one of my favourite authors, her UK based crime thriller novels are outstanding, Stranger Child is no exception, one of the best books I've read this year and if you're looking for a book that'll keep you up past your bedtime because you just have to read one more chapter, then this is the book for you.

The Husband's Secret : The Husband's Secret was a major surprise to me, I didn't expect to love this as much as I did. If you're looking for a story set in the heart of suburbia with a twist you just don't see coming then this little treasure will be just what you need.

Just What Kind of Mother Are You : Wow, just wow! Set against the idyllic backdrop of the Lake District is a story that'll shake you to your core, a stressed out Mum of three is supposed to be watching her friend's daughter but, in a terrible twist of fate, she forgets about the girl and the girl goes missing.
Panic, blame, dread and a creepy predator make this book an unmissable read.

So there we have it, 5 excellent novels to sink your teeth into this summer, have you read any of them?

Rosy xx 

SHARE:

17 comments

  1. I really would like to read 2nd book- I have seen film before and I also think that the book has much more to offer! :)

    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, most times I will prefer the book to the film :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  2. You should definitely read Girl on the Train, I'm sure you'll love it!

    XoXo,

    Tamara - LoveofMode.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read that one too and I did love it :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  3. Loved this post! I've read all those books. I usually only read psychological thrillers! I'm currently reading 'the stranger' by Harlan Coben!

    www.57-days.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh even just the name of that one sounds interesting :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  4. I'm so much more of a cheesy chick lit girl (they're awful, I know) but I absolutely loved Gone Girl and The Husband's secret was one of my absolute fave thrillers!

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do enjoy some chick lit myself, I read most genres :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  5. I love me a good crime novel and thrillers too ,going to check out '' Husband's secret '' . Thanks for reviewing these books. Have a fab week.

    www.stylenbeautylounge.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post, I don't read books like this but they sound wonderful if that's what you like. Have a great week. Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love a good thrill :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  7. Just What Kind of Mother Are You is a brilliant read!! I loved Gone Girl too, but so did everyone and their Gran!

    Beekeyper - Latest post - Wedding Planning - things that helped me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really didn't enjoy the Gone Girl film but definitely want to try out the book - I might have better look with that! :) xxx

    Sarah / Sarah Smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book was a million times better than the film in my opinion, you should definitely give it a read :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  9. I totally agree with you, Gone Girl the book is so much better than the movie! Have you read 'Girl on the Train' by Paula Hawkins and 'Disclaimer' by Renee Knight? They are such amazing thrillers and would really recommend! Plus Girl on the Train is being released as a film in the autumn! Oh my gosh and also 'Before I Go To Sleep' by S J Watson... ah so many amazing books!

    Ella Catherine (http://ellacatherine1.blogspot.co.uk)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read Girl on the Train and Disclaimer is in my TBR pile but I've not read Before I Go To Sleep, definitely going to look that up :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete

© Sparkles of Light. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig