Thursday, 19 May 2016

5 Terrible Truths of Womanhood


Hello Everyone,

Today we are looking at some of the perils of becoming a fully grown up woman.


Ah womanhood, I was waiting for you from the age of six when I first discovered the word (thanks to my country music loving Mother and Tammy Wynette singing 'Womanhood' on repeat), I drifted into my early teens dreaming of growing into a sophisticated, heel wearing, chanel sporting, latte sipping heartbreaker... Well... I do enjoy a vanilla latte so at least I achieved some of my goals.

No dear friends, womanhood wasn't everything I dreamed it would be, and here are the top 5 things I never factored into my dreams.

1. Adult: In my penthouse dreams I just didn't factor into the mix that I would actually have to adult. Bills, cooking for myself, having to kiss arse in interviews... None of this featured in my dreams and quite frankly, it sucks.

2. Puberty: I mean seriously, what the eff? You go to bed all sweet and small, wake up with PMT, boobs that hurt like hell and don't even get me started on what went on with body hair! Yes, yet again I had underestimated the work that goes into maintaining yourself if you fancy removing your unwanted fuzz (and if you don't fancy doing that, good on you girl!). I became a regular stalking the female razors in boots crying silent tears that the last razor I bought shredded my ankles like they were incriminating evidence.

3. Men: I assumed all men would waltz around desperate to impress, flowers and chocolates aplenty. Then I met some men and realised I didn't live in a 50s Hollywood movie.

4. Hips: The sad sad moment when you realise you cant take your pajama bottoms off by stepping on the leg cuff anymore, the hip fairy has arrived and dressing just got harder.

5. Equality: What the actual hell, I really thought as a child that everyone was equal, then in my first job I discovered that a fellow teen who did the same job as me was earning 75p an hour more than me... simply because he was a boy. It was like being hit with the reality train and I'm still not recovered from the wounds to my soul, dramatic? Yes, warranted? Definitely!

So there we have 5 terrible truths of womanhood that I just didn't see coming, what did you find to be a shock about growing up?

Rosy xx

SHARE:

13 comments

  1. Yes - men are definitely not what they're made out to be in Disney films are they!? (Mine certainly can't ride everywhere on a kite at any rate!!). The main thing that shocked me about adulthood was that it actually doesn't follow a regime. I always thought when I was little that you just went to uni, got married, got a job, bought yourself a nice house and hey presto - living! Ooooooooh how wrong I was. #LivingWithMyParentsTillImThirty

    Katie.
    xx ♥ La Coco Noire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that too, I imagined everything would all just happen perfectly without any stressing or hard work haha

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  2. Hahahaha .. that number 4 got me laughing , i used to do that when i was teen, now it's a chore trying to take off your skinny jeans. Great post!

    www.stylenbeautylounge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Skinny Jeans are the worst offenders!

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  3. Being an adult definitely gets tiring sometimes. And #5 - what?! That is not fair at all!!

    www.jeannechristinemarie.blogspot.com
    * Instagram * Facebook *

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, serious slap in the face right there :(

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  4. Haha oh dear us women have it hard don't we. Great post!
    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I love this, puberty was the most shocking experience of my life and adulting/bills etc. I can't cope!

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're just not prepared fur puberty, there's no way anyone can provide you with the ability to deal with that horror!

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  6. haha fab post Rosy, this is all so true (sadly!) xx
    www.beautiful-solutions.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. This made me laugh, I love it! All very sad truths of being a woman. I experienced all except number 5 and it can be very irritating especially the hips and puberty. I bought a pair of jeans before christmas and I never wore them and then I finally want to wear them in April and guess what....they don't go past my hips :'( Great post anyways! :)

    Boma
    allwhisperedthings.blogspot.co.uk
    oxxo

    ReplyDelete

© Sparkles of Light. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig