Thursday, 10 March 2016

5 Songs That Could Easily Be About Bloggers



Hello Everyone,

Today's post is supposed to be a bit of fun and tongue in cheek, keep that in mind and enjoy these 5 songs I think would make amazing blogger anthems.



  1. Blurred Lines - Obviously not the whole song because I don't know any blogging theme that is slightly rapey but the title fits well for me, taking makeup selfies and spotting eye bags, logging on to PicMonkey and trying to blur those bad lads away whilst simultaneously humming blurred lines, I can't help it and I bet you'll remember this next time you're blurring away...
  2. You're So Vain - No I'm not saying blogging = vanity but have you ever been taking some amazing outdoor outfit shots, you're feeling it, you're rocking that colour pop, you know this is going to look effin amazing on the blog later and then you spot them. They may be male, they may be female but they all wear the same disapproving mug shot, they stop, they stare and you know they're judging the hell out of you... suddenly you start to feel uncomfortable and BOOM - this song comes into my head... Loud. (But screw them because those shots did look amazing).
  3. Money on my Mind - I won't lie, a little sponsored post here and there feels amazing but just like most bloggers, when I started out and opened up myself online for instacritique I didn't even know about monetisation, SEO, sponsorship and all that jazz and so just like Sam Smith, I don't have money on my mind, I'm doing it for the love.
  4. Rehab - Working online has amazing benefits such as working from home in your own hours but these benefits can also be a curse when it comes to switching off (which I talked about in this post). Constantly checking emails, mentions, tweets, DMs, Instagram and sliding into the great abyss known as Pinterest, it is easy to spend hours on social media and this is probably why my other half is trying to make me go to rehab but I say no no no.
  5. Thrift Shop - I can't get enough of charity shop browsing, not only do you find some great vintage finds for outfit posts (I swear, once you wash off the smell of grandma's perfume you'd never know) and as I also blog about books (and talk about them on my YouTube channel), charity shops are a great source of endless book hauls... just as long as you don't go totally Macklemore and pick up something smelling of R Kelly's Sheets you'll be grand.
Hope you enjoyed this tongue in cheek look at the blogging world, what songs remind you of your blogging experiences?

Rosy xx


SHARE:

18 comments

  1. Ha ha in a world where there is such little originality in the blogging world (sadly) I absolutely LOVED this post :) So original...never seen a post like this before. Loved it.

    The charity shops near me are so good so I'm in them all the time too! SO many great bargains and for good causes - what's not to love!?

    xx lacoconoire.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it, and charity shops can be amazing :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  2. HAHAHAH this is so funny! I love it! I would have never thought to write a blog post like this so I appreciate the originality of it! I feel like if I had to pick a song it would be Army by Ellie Goulding would be a fitting song since we all become like pact in a way. We support each other through ups and downs and some of us are lucky enough to find really good friends! Would you agree?
    ~Crissy
    www.whimsicalfawn.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I've never heard that song, I'll have to give it a listen :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  3. Loved the post dear. I actually heard 2 songs on youtube before putting my words here. Its so mesmerising and original. Thanks for sharing such a lovely post dear... :)

    http://www.colossalcloset.in/summer-lookbook-chic-monochrome-style/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, you NEVER fail to make me laugh. Love every single choice (you're like the DJ for blogging anthems!)

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I listen to Robin Thicke's Blurred lines quite often , its even saved on my phone, and you're right . it will be perfect for bloggers.

    www.stylenbeautylounge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you'll think of it more often now haha

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  6. Great post & very interesting one too..)

    www.luv4beautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. So funny! Totally guilty of feeling the "You're so vain" song. Lol.

    www.jeannechristinemarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it's one of my most thought songs :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  8. Such a good post!!

    I sadly haven't made any money from my blog though!

    victorias-little-secret.blogspot.co.uk

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry there's plenty time :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete

© Sparkles of Light. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig