Thursday, 11 February 2016

Sex and Scandal | Down The Rabbit Hole



Hello Everyone,

So now I have your attention by that grabbing title, let me begin this little book review with a somewhat obvious warning, this review deals with adult themes, now that we have that out the way, let us begin our look at Down the Rabbit Hole by Holly Madison.

Hugh Hefner

Hugh Hefner


Holly Madison, a name you may or may not be familiar with, for those of you not in the know, Holly Madison is the former girlfriend of the world's most infamous womaniser, Hugh Hefner.

If you're not aware of Hugh Hefner then a quick google search will fill you in but in short, he is an American adult magazine publisher, that magazine is Playboy. He lives in a mansion famous for celebrity parties, a revolving door of potential new young girlfriends, sex, backstabbing and an air of secrecy with a sort of 'What Happens at the Mansion, Stays at the Mansion' attitude, till now.

Holly Madison was Hefner's girlfriend from 2001-2009 and worked her way up to the alpha position of 'Girlfriend Number One' but somewhere along the way, Holly began to realise that she had been sucked into a world of control and double standards that was getting increasingly difficult to break free from.

Down the Rabbit Hole touches upon everything you might wonder about life with the notorious Hugh Hefner : how much money does he pay these young women to be at his beck and call? Do they all really sleep with this elderly man? What bitchiness goes on behind the scenes? Who uses drugs? Is there an underground of Prostitution? Do you start to lose your grip on reality as you slip further and further 'Down the Rabbit Hole'?

All of these questions and more are answered with refreshing honesty, a touch of humour and a sprinkling of venom which overall makes for a fascinating and entertaining read that is easy to get through and satisfies your need for a new guilty pleasure that you wont forget in a hurry.

I gave Down The Rabbit Hole 5/5 on GoodReads so it is safe to say I really enjoyed it, I also like the colouring of the cover and the spine, it isn't often that books have such a bright pink theme and I really like the way it stands out from my plethora of other books.

Hugh Hefner
A Map of the Grounds - Also in Pink

Overall I really loved Down the Rabbit Hole and I would definitely read it again,

Have you read Down the Rabbit Hole? 

Any similar recommendations?

Rosy xx



SHARE:

22 comments

  1. I have wanted to read this for aaaaaaaages! Gonna be downloading this on the Kindle over the weekend!

    Thanks for reminding me lovely lady!

    xx lacoconoire.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh well let me know what you think of it when you've read it :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  2. Omg! I've been eyeing this book for a while! I use to love Holly Madison a lot! Especially when they did that show Girl's Next Door! There was something genuine about her that made her stand out from the crowd of girls around Hef. I think I am more inclined to read this now because you gave it such a good rating! I think once I am done ready the 6 books on my list this will be the next one I get! Thanks for the review!
    ~Crissy
    www.whimsicalfawn.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely a good read, Kendra was always my favourite, I loved her spin off show too :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  3. I used to watch Girls of the Playboy Mansion and was always intrigued about what really went on! I think I'd find this really interesting, especially if it doesn't shy away from the salacious side of things :)

    Claire | Stylingo.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No she doesn't shy away from it at all, I really enjoyed the gossip in this book :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  4. I've never read this but I'd love to as it sounds like my kind of book! I loved your review xx

    Gemma ♥ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seems like a great read! Loved your review :) -Maireem

    My Fair Autumn | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  6. This seems like a very interesting book to read! Might have to check it out on my kindle!

    Lovely blogpost!
    Francesca xx
    http://bellamomento.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. this sounds like such a cool book! will have to read it :D



    ♥ Ellen #NZblogger
    SHOPSTYLECONQUER.COM
    Facebook + Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get round to it, definitely a fun read :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  8. I have never heard about this book, but it sounds like a great read. I never really thought about how the whole Hugh Hefner and the girls worked, now I'm curious. The book look gorgeous as well! :)
    http://www.tanjamortensen.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd never really considered how it might work either, this is definitely an eye opener and the cover is an extra selling point hehe

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  9. I absolutely adored Holly when I used to watch Girls of the Playboy Mansion and always wanted her to move on, she seems like such an amazing woman!

    I'll definitely be giving this a read!

    Issy | MissIsGoode xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved watching it too, I stopped watching when the original girls left and they tried to continue it with the new girlfriends.

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  10. I have wanted to read this for some time and now you've just sold it to me! I must/will/need to give this a read very soon!

    Kirsty London || Kirsty London

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh let me know what you think when you give it a go :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  11. Well you already know that I've read this too and what I thought of it ;)

    Victoria x
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete

© Sparkles of Light. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig