Tuesday, 9 February 2016

New Year New Decor



Hello Everyone,

As some of you may know from my Twitter rants (@RosySparkles if you're interested) I have been looking to move house which has resulted in plenty house viewing adventures but still the search continues for the dream house.

In the meantime, I have been looking to spruce up my current digs without doing anything major (it'll be going on the market soon so I'd ideally like to update with home decor items I can take with me when the perfect house pops up) - incidentally, if you happen to be selling a castle complete with moat and enchanted tower within my price range, please do drop me a line.

Home Decor has been a passion of mine for years, I love how a simple accessory or two can really let your personality shine through, I like statement pieces that people will remember after a visit to your house, you know the type, bits that make you feel at home and reflect your tastes.

A US based company called Uncommon Goods has so many unique home decor items that I have been spending a fair amount of time lustily browsing their ranges

Literary Candles | You Are Beautiful Cursive Wood | Gummy Bear Lights | Cherry Blossom Snow Globe

Uncommon Goods are an ethical shopping choice due to their 'B Corporation' status which means they hit the mark in a wide range of areas such as wage levels, environmental impact and giving back to the community.
As an independently owned company, they can support causes they believe in and will donate $1 from every purchase to your choice of their not-for-profits organisations which are:


  • RAINN: The Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network with over 1,100 rape crisis centers in the US who also work to help sexual offenders to meet justice.
  • American Forests: Preserving and restoring worldwide, who have planted over 45 million trees since 1990. 
  • Women for Women International: Provides survivors of war and other refugees with the resources to move from poverty to self sufficiency by teaching life, business and vocational skills. 
  • Reach out and Read: A network of doctors and nurses aiming to provide literacy and language skills for school aged children in the US.
Now if all that isn't a good excuse to shop guilt free, I don't know what is!


Alongside fun accessories, I also crave a lot wall art, I spend a lot of time hunting through vintage markets and second hand shops for something unique to hang alongside my other high street finds, Uncommon Goods have a pretty extensive range of wall art here that really suit my eclectic style.

Handsomely

I love the nature style of this watercolour, living in the countryside always has me wanting to incorporate my surroundings into my interiors (without, of course, inviting the actual birds in... that would just be carnage).
Uncommon Goods has a mix of watercolours, photography, oil and acrylic, wood, posters and more so there's definitely something for all tastes but to the little birdy above - yes to you my friend, yes to you.

As you all know, reading is one of my favourite relaxation techniques ever (I have a YouTube channel dedicated to book reviews and hauls after-all) so it goes without saying that all things bookish excite me, I came across this lovely assortment of bookends here and there's so many lovely choices that I cant pick just one.

Cat Scratch Bookends | Elephant Family Bookends

Finally I have been perusing the gorgeous pillows and blankets (available here) because for me, homely means cozy and there's nothing I like more than a good snuggle in a lovely throw or blanket, a cup of tea and a good book, it is the ultimate relaxation for me.

Alice in Wonderland Throw | Barn Owls Pillow | Illustrated Cat and Dog Pillows | Pride and Prejudice Pillow 


So this brings me to the end of this decor post, everything I love can be taken with me wherever I end up next (seriously, the castle and the moat plea stands) and I hope you've seen one or two things you'd like too.

What style do you tend to go for?

Bye for now,

Rosy xx

*Sponsored Post
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. Oh my gosh how cute are those gummy bear lights?! They're adorable!!! xx

    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! They're so cute

      Rosy xx

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Love your choices! Watercolor styled decor is definitely my favorite at the moment.

    xo, Alice || a l i c e / T Y P E N U

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a good watercolour too :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  3. I love updating my home decor every so often and little, simples touches can make such a big difference. All of your picks are gorgeous, but I especially love the watercolour piece and Alice In Wonderland throw!

    Alice / Alice Grace Beauty

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the bookish theme of the Alice throw :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  4. I love the pride and predjudice cushion and the watercolour piece! I love homeware so much, your picks are gorgeous. Lovely post x

    beesytimes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm obsessed with homeware too :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete

© Sparkles of Light. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig