Tuesday, 2 February 2016

A First Impressions | Clarins Lip Perfector



Hello Everyone,

Today I'm here with a first impressions post on the Clarins Lip Perfectors.





As you can see, I have picked up travel editions of the shades Rosewood Shimmer and Rose Shimmer and although they're tiny, they really gave me an excellent taster of how the full sized product would be and if a full sized version would be worth the money.

As usual the answer isn't easy, it's a yes and a no.

Firstly, let me just tell you that everything they say is true, these are amazing, they melt onto the lips like butter, no stickiness or balling at the sides of the mouth (#MACLipglass) and are definitely one of those most beautiful balms in the world, I've also tried Clarins Instant Light Lip Balm last year which gave me all the feels and then last week I reviewed the hugely hyped Clarins Lip Oil so now my overall impression of Clarins is that they do lip products very very well.

The smell, oh my god the smell! It is like a very soft caramel scent, absolutely delicious but definitely not overpowering of sickly, just enough to keep me re-applying so that I can smell my own face... it happened.

The sponge applicator? Genius! So soft and no pulling at the lips or scratching.

Marks out of 10? a good solid 8, the only reason it isn't a ten is because some people do like their lip glosses to be pigmented and I think this is one area that Clarins don't offer up the goods, however, I think the point of the Clarins Lip Perfectors is to enhance your natural lip beauty, therefore, over pigmentation would kind of miss the point but in the interests of fair review, if you like your balms to have a little 'oomph' then this isn't the product for you, but if you like subtle, easy to wear, natural beauty enhancing perfection, then yes, the Clarins Lip Perfectors are a massive win and if you're like me and like a bit of both pigmentation and also love a good natural day too, then pick these up for the natural days and go for a lipstick with one of the Clarins Lip Perfectors over the top for a comfortable gloss and a statement lip.

Have you ever tried The Clarins Lip Perfector? Or have you got any further Clarins recommendations? Believe me, I'm all ears!

Rosy
SHARE:

25 comments

  1. Mmm the smell sounds amazing haha! I love lip glosses with a good smell. I also love the look of the packaging. xx

    Jessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too haha, epecially anything vanilla or caramel :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  2. I've been so hesitant about these and buying them but they sound so good! The colours you have look gorgeous :) and the smell! I'd be constantly hungry haha

    Hana | www.hanarosella.blogspot.co.uk ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it does make me want to eat donuts or something similar haha.

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  3. These look lovely, I really like the colours you have here. Might try them out xoxo

    https://goingbyfifi.theblogpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look lovely, I really like the colours you have here. Might try them out xoxo

    https://goingbyfifi.theblogpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do, make sure to let me know :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  5. I love these, I have the 03 shade (nude maybe??) and it's lasted me ages! I think Clarins is a pretty undderated brand, I love their Joli rouge lipsticks and the Instant Light bases, I wish I'd got the bronzey colour last year when it was ltd edition!

    www.Barely There Beauty.com | British Beauty & Lifestyle blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been trying a lot more from the brand and I don't think I've had one thing I didn't like yet!

      Rosy x

      Delete
  6. That sponge applicator looks soooo comfortable. Definitely interested in trying these if I come upon them. Thanks for the review!

    xo, Alice || a l i c e / T Y P E N U

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Escentual seem to have the best prices :)

      Rosy x

      Delete
  7. These look so good! May have to purchase xx

    Shelby | shelbylouiseread.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're really nice, I'm so glad I finally found them :)

      Rosy x

      Delete
  8. I haven't gotten around to trying any of the lip products from Clarin's yet and there are so many to choose from! I think I am still more drawn to the oil one based on reading the overall reviews of the product. What would you suggest that I try first if I haven't tried any of their lip products so far?

    ~Crissy
    www.whimsicalfawn.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The oil product is nice but I personally prefer these lip perfectors or even the lip perfector in the lipstick form but that's only if I had to be ruthless because they're all so nice :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  9. I love these so much, and I'm dying to try the two new shades they've launched with their Spring Collection. Such pretty and wearable shades xx

    Gemma ♥ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I saw the new colours and they look lovely but the reviews have been a bit scetchy? I'm not sure if they've altered the formula for the spring collection?

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  10. Ah I'm so pleased you liked these, they are one of my favourites. I really wish they had a big more pigment too but I do love them!

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find that the deeper the colour, the more pigmentation there is but the light colours are pretty much just clear :(

      Rosy x

      Delete
  11. Never tried Clarins before but these do look really good especially the pink one. Ameera xo

    ameeraraidhan.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clarins are far too underrated for the quality of the products they put out.

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  12. They used to do a red shade of this product but I think they've discontinued it now as I can't find it anywhere which is so sad! 😓
    - www.roisinslatest.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah they have a red one in the stick form now, they might have used that as a replacement?
      I've got it and it's really nice :)

      Rosy x

      Delete
  13. I love the colours of them both! and the little fuzzy applicator looks so soft x

    Tamz | http://www.throughneweyesx.com

    ReplyDelete

© Sparkles of Light. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig