Tuesday, 5 January 2016

That Bottle Though! | Cosmopolitan The Fragrance



Hello Everyone,

Today I'm sharing with you a new fragrance in the perfume pool, Cosmopolitan The Fragrance.

Now before I get into the perfume chat, let's take a moment to eye up the bottle, just look at it...





I mean, it would be rude not to stare, am I right?

So let's get down to business, Cosmopolitan is a magazine I'm sure we have all heard of and probably read or have read (personally I have a subscription that pops through the door every month) but now the magazine - which famously markets itself as 'Fun and Fearless' - has released a fragrance with the same joie de vivre.

The Cosmopolitan woman’s zest for life is captured in fresh sparkling top notes of mandarin, bergamot and red berries. Then comes the surprisingly seductive heart: hypnotic night- blooming jasmine and the powdery sweetness of heliotrope. Pimento berries give it a rich shot of spice, while carrot seed offers something earthy and unexpected. The base will linger on your skin long after you’ve sprayed, with powerful patchouli, comforting vanilla and the tobacco-like qualities of tonka.

TOP: Pineapple, bergamot, cardamom, mandarin, nectarine and red berries. MIDDLE: Saffron, heliotrope, night-blooming jasmine, pimento berries and carrot seed.
BASE: Tonka, Patchouli, musk, sandalwood, vanilla and caramel.
Taken from the Cosmofragrance Website

Which sounds fantastic, but what is it really like?
I have to say this fragrance really does smell 'fun' it is sweet, fruity and quite confident, you can definitely pick out the mandarin with a hint of vanilla.
The fragrance lasts a while but I have found you'll need a reapplication at some point if you're wearing it all day.
With the scent being so sweet and playful I feel like it will be better suited to the 16-30 market, much like the magazine itself.
Have you ever seen the film legally blonde? I feel like this would be the perfume Elle buys for herself as she rolls up to Harvard law school, she would want to smell feminine but still pack a punch (I mean it is Harvard people!).
I usually opt for floral scents (Jo Malone Peony and Blush Suede is my staple) so this was fun to try out as it is really different in terms of what I usually go for.

The bottle is so so stunning though I think it may be the prettiest bottle on my perfume shelf now, the colour combination just makes it look like the Cosmo team bottled up happiness and mixed with the art deco style design.... yes, just yes.



Even the outer packaging was too pretty not to include.

Overall I think this will be the perfect fragrance for lovers of sweet smells and it would make a lovely gift too, I'd be interested to know if any of you received this for Christmas maybe and what you make of it?

If you're passing boots give it a smell and you'll see what I mean.

Bye for now

Rosy xx



*PR Sample


SHARE:

20 comments

  1. Hmmm...I wonder if Cosmopolitan put Cosmopolitan in their Cosmopolitans Hahahaha! This looks like a wonderful gift for sweet-fragrance lovers. Personally, I don't like wearing perfume but I'd definitely give it to my friends <3

    xx Bash | H E Y   B A S H | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't wear a lot of perfume either normally but I do have the odd day or two where I like to pop some on.

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  2. I don't wear sweet fragrances as a rule but I do make an exception for lovely bergamot, so this might be worth a smell for me!

    Emma | EisforEmma.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not usually a sweet fragrance lover either, I'm definitely a floral girl.

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  3. I love sweet fragrances, my all-time favourite is Miss Dior so this sounds lovely. The bottle is so cute and the little ribbon on top of the box too! I LOVE your photography by the way. Katie x
    www.thelittleowlblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I used to love Miss Dior, I've not had a bottle of that in a while.

      I'm glad you like my pictures :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  4. It looks so cute! the bottle looks so compact which would be perfect for travelling.I really think i need to try it, think you've persuaded me

    www.itskiaerin.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have a smell let me know :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  5. I LOVE that you've shown all the packaging... because that always makes a purchase more special for me! Well you've made it sound delicious so I'll have to have a sniff when next in Boots!

    Laura xx | Loved By Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it, let me know what you think :) And I know what you mean about the packaging, it has to be pretty all the way to the box.

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  6. Love the Legally Blonde reference! Thank you for an honest review! Love your blog and just followed :) x

    Karolina
    www.astral-lane.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the follow, glad you liked the review :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  7. Ooh I've just got this too and am now so excited to try it out. Gorgeous packaging <3

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The packaging is so pretty isn't it

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  8. This sounds lovely, that bottle is amazing!! Definitely going to have to try! x

    Amy | The Perks of Being Amy

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks gorgeous. I think I would buy it for the bottle alone haha! I will keep my eyes out for this on my next shopping trip. Thanks for sharing :)
    Aimee X aimeeandlucas.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you smell it :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete

© Sparkles of Light. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig