Tuesday, 26 January 2016

If You Only Read One Book This Year it Should Be This


Hi Everyone,

As some of you might already know, reading is one of my biggest passions in life (alongside pretty clothes and perfect lipsticks of course)
It is a very rare occasion that I don't have a book or two on the go and I kick-started 2016 by reading In Order To Live by Yeonmi Park.

This is a spoiler free post.

In Order To Live is the true story of one girl's brave escape from North Korea.



This book has had a lot of press and the general consensus is that Yeonmi Park has an amazing tale to tell and is a must read in my opinion, especially in the West where we are all pretty unaccustomed to seeing people who have starved to death still lying in the streets (just a small portion of the grim reality faced by Yeonmi Park in this book).
Throw into the mix some freezing temperatures, fear of being caught, human traffickers and peril at every turn and you could be forgiven for thinking you've stumbled upon a dystopian novel but no, this is real life.

If you're looking for an inspiring, educational and page turning read then this could be the one for you.

I gave it 5/5 stars on Goodreads and I will be discussing this book along with other (less grim) books over on my BookTube Channel (which is basically a YouTube channel devoted to books) so if you're into reading then check that out.

Have you read anything fantastic lately?

Rosy x
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Sounds like an amazing book, I'll definitely have to hunt it down :)

    DippyWrites

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should, it is so interesting.

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  2. Hi! It was nice chatting with you today on twitter! I am so glad we had a chance to chat :)
    I am gonna have to give this a read once I am done with a few books I already have bought that I have to get through. I'm always on the look out for my educational type reads so I think this is perfect to add to my list. Thanks for sharing!

    ~Crissy
    www.whimsicalfawn.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello again, it was nice talking to you too :)

      If you pick this up let me know!

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  3. This sounds like a really good inspirational book that I'm adding to my booklist for 2016. Totally out of my comfort zone reading wise too. Will let you know what I think!

    xx lacoconoire.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh yey make sure you keep me updated, getting out of your comfort zone is always a good thing in my opinion :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  4. I am a big reader and this sounds like a great pick. I love a book with a great message. Maybe I will have to check it out!
    Omnivogues

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do, I think this will end up in a top favourites video this year.

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  5. Oh wow, this sounds like such a powerful book and one that I would absolutely devour. I find it so easy to just grab an easy chit lit, definitely need to be "braver" with my choices!

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a good chick-lit as much as the next girl but I've been getting into loads more genres later and I've been loving it :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete

© Sparkles of Light. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig