Wednesday, 20 January 2016

Clarins Lip Oil | Worth The Hype



Hi Everyone,

I'm back today with a good, old fashioned, beauty review.

The Clarins Instant Light Lip Comfort Oil was all over the bloggersphere (did I just use that word? Apparently so) in Summer, big bloggers couldn't get enough of it and sure enough, it was sold out everywhere in a nano-second.
There was talk of more stock but it never arrived and just like that time Selfridges took my money then didn't send my items, I had to call it a day and walk away.

But - the game was not lost my friends, I was browsing one of my favourite websites recently (that would be Escentual) and there she was, my long awaited for lip oil.
You know how the story goes, basket, checkout, paypal, mine,

Now the big question was, was she worth the wait?

review

Review


Upon first application, I have to be honest, I wasn't blown away. I was expecting an oil texture but this feels just like a normal gloss, albeit, a less sticky gloss but a gloss none the less, however I decided to persevere and see where it took me and I was pleasantly surprised that I did actually find the Clarins Instant Light Lip Comfort Oil to be quite soothing and all together pleasant.
This has become a daily staple for me (Although in the evenings I'm still all about my Nuxe Reve de Miel - there's nobody else for me at bedtime Nuxe, you're safe).

Review

Review

The application wand is a lot bigger than the usual size of a gloss wand and extremely soft, I normally hate any sort of applicator because they usually scratch you up like a kitten on a catnip high but well done Clarins, your Instant Light Lip comfort Oil is pretty comfy afterall.
As you can see from the picture, the Instant Light Lip Comfort Oil is a lot more runny than a normal gloss but still more gloopy than actual oil and somehow the weird hybrid texture really works well.

I'm so pleased I finally got my hands on this and I have to say, it was definitely worth the wait for me.

Have you tried the Clarins Instant Light Lip Comfort Oil? Is there anything else you'd recpmmend from Clarins?
Oh and a heads up, it also comes in pink... #JustSaying

Bye for now,

Rosy xx
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. Yeah I've just got myself the honey one (the pink is raspberry) in the hope that I can incorporate it into a routine with other products because I'm SO bad at chewing my lips and not sorting them out when they're dry and chapped!

    Katie

    www.kathyathy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If this doesn't work, try Nuxe Reve de Miel every night before bed :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  2. I really want to try this! I've heard amazing things about it and this review has added to that!

    The Makeup Directory

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you get it let me know, I love it :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  3. I definitely want to try this product, thank you fir sharing xoxo

    https://goingbyfifi.theblogpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, glad you enjoyed it :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  4. I honestly can't even tell you how perfect the timing is of this. I've been thinking about picking it up for weeks now and haven't had the chance, a purchase will be made in town today!!

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you love it as much as I do :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete

© Sparkles of Light. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig