Tuesday, 13 October 2015

L'oreal La Palette Nude Rose and Beige | Beauty



Hello Everyone,

More neutral palettes today in the form of L'oreal La Palette Nude in the colours Rose and Beige.

The packaging on my two palettes is the USA version with the UK version being a little bit more compact and sleek but think of it as Geri Halliwell in the spice girl years vs 2015 - one is a little more out there and loud, the other, polite and polished but both the same inside.

Yeah I did just throw a spice girl reference out there.

swatches

swatches

L'oreal La Palette Nude Rose and Beige | Beauty



The main question here is do you need them and do you need them both? (Note - L'oreal also have a smoky option too but I am drawn to neutrals).

We have Rose (Nude 2):

swatches

swatches

and Beige (Nude 1):

swatches

swatches


In my opinion they're both gorgeous to look at, the shade range is excellent for the £15 that you'll pay for them but in both palettes I found the lighter shimmer shades to be lacking, they just didn't pack enough pigment for me, at one point in my long and trying life I'd have put this down to the simple fact that this is a highstreet palette rather than high end, but after Makeup Revolution put out those naked palette dupes with their excellent pigmentation - I know this isn't so anymore (pat on the back Makeup Revolutions - you go glen coco!)

The matte shades however.... Swoon.

Swatches

Swatches


Overall these are two lovely palettes - the darker shimmer shades are beautiful and the matte shades are gorgeous... Light shimmer shades were a bit 'meh' which let these down in terms of becoming a favourite (especially now that everything is compared to my cherished Lorac Pro 2 palette).
Out of the two I think I prefer palette 2 (Rose) the colours in general seem nicer on a whole so if you're getting one, that would be the one I'd recommend.

Have you tried these palettes? Were your light shimmers better or does the poor pigmentation travel across the pond into the UK palettes too?

Bye for now

Rosy x
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. What gorgeous palettes, the rose option looks particularly stunning! It's a shame the shimmer shades weren't really pigmented.

    Toni x
    www.clarkecouture.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, shimmers usually win in palettes for pigmentation too.

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  2. Both of them look great. I too like the Rose one more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does have a better shade range :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  3. I've tried the nude one and was so disappointed with the pigmentation and lasting power :( I prefer Maybelline's offering if you wanna try a different budget nude!
    Lisa | www.topazandmay.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I'll have to look that up I've not tried it :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete

© Sparkles of Light. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig