Wednesday, 30 September 2015

NYX Contour Palette Available in UK | Review



Hello Everyone!

Today I'm super excited to share with you my newest palette - The NYX Contour Palette which is available now in Selfridges!

I have wanted this palette for ages after seeing many American YouTubers using it and after a recent USA trip ruined my life by not having this palette in stock anywhere, I was convinced she would never be mine...

Then suddenly it happened. Browsing the pages of Selfridges I saw her, just begging to be bought!

After I immediately pressed that little buy button I did a merry jig, then a couple of days later she arrived - take your coat off love - you're home.

NYX Contour Palette Available in UK | Review

NYX Contour Palette Available in UK | Review

NYX Contour Palette Available in UK | Review

I really like the clear lid on the packaging, it reminds me of my MAC Pro Palettes.
The packaging does feel a little more expensive than other budget line palettes (although £18 might not be exactly on par with 'budget' lines so this helps me open my purse strings... not that I needed much persuasion).

NYX Contour Palette Available in UK | Review

NYX Contour Palette Available in UK | Review

Swatch wise you can see on the highlight shades that the two on the right are pretty much my skin tone, they pack as much pigment as the rest of the palette but because of my colouring they aren't picking up in the picture. I'm a MAC NC20 if you're interested.
The contour shades can run a little warm but they don't look muddy on my complexion, very very pale ladies and gents may need to have a light hand here in application.

Overall I'm so excited I finally landed the NYX Contour Palette in the UK and can't wait to play around with it a bit more.
You can grab it at Selfridges along with other bestsellers in the NYX world (butter lipsticks anyone?)

Have you got any recommendations from the NYX range? Are you picking this palette up?

Rosy xx
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. It looks really nice, and it's nice that drugstore brands are doing also fancy contour and highlight palettes. Do you have any problem with it being too powdery? I've heard some american girls talking about that issue.
    Nice review, I'm glad you finally have it hahaha. xx

    selenaponcestyle.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not found it to be overly powdery, you can tell it isn't 'High End' if that makes sense because it does have a little of the chalkiness you find in 'Drugstore' products but overall I'm really impressed.

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  2. This is exciting that Selfridges is now stocking NYX! Looks like a brilliant palette and these contour palettes seem to always be so expensive so I think this is good value xx

    Lucy | lucyalana.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I was gutted when NYX became unavailable in the UK, just wish they hadn't chosen Selfridges for their comeback because of the £5 delivery charge.

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  3. I'm so happy Selfridges are now stocking some NYX products, one of my favourite brands. Love the sound of this too, and so much more affordable than so many other contour kits!

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I some some good old NYX products :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  4. this looks like such a nice pallette, nyx really do lovely stuff!

    Bekah x | UNIQUELY DETAILED

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely want to try more from the brand

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  5. This looks a great palette love nyx products x

    www.MyBeautySleuth.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too they have some lovely things :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete

© Sparkles of Light. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig