Monday, 17 August 2015

I Like To Smell | My Favourite Fragrances



Bonjour Tout le Monde!

Today I'm sharing with you my top 3 smells (perfume wise that is, if we start getting into things like food or other smells we will be here all week)

Back to perfume, if we are ever to meet, chances are I will smell of one of these:


Juicy Couture - Viva La Juicy - A strong and sweet smell, it is quite a heavy perfume and I would describe it as a 'young' scent, I possibly won't repurchase her when I run out as I'm slowly becoming elderly more sophisticated but we have certainly had our fun and I wont be forgetting this one.

I look at Viva La Juicy as I do on my student days - fun, carefree and occasionally sickly (you know what I mean fellow survivors of studenthood) but also less revisited as I grow older and more refined (chortle).

We've had good times my friend, good times.

Top notes: Juicy mandarin and wild berries.
Heart notes: Honeysuckle, jasmine petals and gardenia.Base notes: Amber, caramel woods, vanilla, sandalwood and praline. 

Jo Malone - Peony and Blush Suede Cologne - A light and floral scent with a subtle sweet kick.

This was my first Jo Malone perfume that I picked up on a trip to that London place on my birthday, This is definitely my most used perfume of the last year.

It reminds me of feeling happy, contented and pulled together, a splash of this and I instantly feel ready for my day,
It is grown up without being heavy or in your face and I think this might be the one to replace my signature scent (see the below perfume for the reason I need a replacement) and has spurred me on to have a rather large Jo Malone wish list.

Top Note: Red Apple
Heart Note: Peony
Base Notes: Suede

Agent Provocateur - Eau Emotionelle - A lighter version of the Agent Provocateur original scent (which, FYI, burns my nostrils) This perfume became my signature scent, I wore it constantly for years and had so many compliments but then it suddenly became impossible to find.

I've found it on amazon and I think I might stock up because I have a sickening feeling this might be getting discontinued.

This was the first 'adult' perfume I ever bought and I wore it during some of my most exciting times that I've ever had and so this scent makes me think of adventure, of feeling confident and carefree. It breaks my heart that this smell might soon be gone forever.


Top Notes: magnolia and Indian saffron.
Heart Notes: gardenia, vetiver, Moroccan rose and Egyptian jasmine.
Base Notes: amber, musk and cedar.

So what are your favourite scents and smells?

Rosy xx
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. I haven't tried any of these but they sound lovely - especially the Juicy Couture one! :) My favourite fragrances are Armani Diamonds and I love Marc Jacobs' perfumes. I'm currently using Chanel Chance which is perfect for summer! xx

    Jessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the smell of the Marc Jacobs perfumes, I've not smelled the other two but I'll make a mental note to have a sniff next time I'm in a beauty hall :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  2. I lovee fragrances! I've meaning to try a Jo Malone scent for some time now, as I've heard so much about it! :)

    Heather Xx
    100waysto30.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo Malone do the most lovely scents and they have a huge range so there's something for all tastes.

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  3. I have the Juicy Couture perfume and I really love it! I like the sound of the Jo Malone fragrance too x

    Lucy | www.foreverseptemberr.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gorgeous isn't it. Definitely try and get a smell in Jo Malone one day.

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  4. I love the Jo Malone scents, but have never actually bought one, so I might have to add the one you mentioned to my birthday wishlist!

    Holly x

    bisoushollyolivia.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh you should it is so lovely and girly.

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  5. Love the Juicy Couture perfume, one of my faves xx
    Glossy Boutique

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really nice, a long time favourite.

      Rosy x

      Delete

© Sparkles of Light. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig