Wednesday, 12 August 2015

Getting Naked in Style | Soap and Glory



Hello Everyone,

Today we are chatting about getting naked, nude, in the buff - whatever you want to call it, we all do it (I hope!).

I'm talking, of course, about bathing and showering.

Getting clean can be as pleasing or as horrific as you make it, in my experience there are certain products that can can make bathing a lovely experience you look forward to - a bit of personal time-out to indulge the senses and emerge from you bathroom a new woman smelling of mystery and chill out (too far?) but similarly there are products out there than can make your alone time feel more like a sheep bath than a calming retreat.

Thankfully for us, there is Soap and Glory.

Smoothie Star Breakfast Scrub and Whipped Clean Soap and Glory Review


 I have been buying Soap and Glory for years and it is safe to say I'm a serious fan, there's not been a time in the last five or six years that there hasn't been something from their extensive range sat in my stash (apart from the sad sad time the discontinued my favourite night cream ever, it was called Night in Shining Armour and it was magical but moving on...)

My stash has recently been updated with two new bits (and just in time because I used the last of my Sugar Crush Body Wash which FYI smells like sunshine and happiness).

Smoothie Star Breakfast Scrub and Whipped Clean Shower Butter - take a moment to appreciate the play on words that Soap and Glory are famous for, I love a little wordplay which you'll know if you read this blog a lot.

Smoothie Star Breakfast Scrub Soap and Glory Review

Smoothie Star Breakfast Scrub Soap and Glory Review

Smoothie Star Breakfast Scrub Soap and Glory Review


Smoothie Star is your typical Soap and Glory scrub, delicious smelling and lovely to use, this one smells sweet and almondy with maple but also contains honey, banana and cupuacu bio scrub (which I hear is good at providing moisture to dry or damaged skin but don't hold me to this).
Overall the scrub left me all soft and smooth and combined with the delicious smell this is a winner for me.

Whipped Clean Soap and Glory Review


Whipped Clean Soap and Glory Review

Whipped Clean was a new experience, having used all of Soap and Glory's scrubs at one point or another I'm in familiar territory there but I've never tried a shower butter.
The idea behind a shower butter is to clean and moisturise at the same time, genius! Cutting out moisturising after a bath suits me fine, I always find I'm running short on time after a bath (because I end up wallowing like a hippo in there every time) so combining steps? #win.
This little gem has a plethora of ingredients including sweet almond oil, grapeseed oil, macadamia nut oil with shea and cocoa butters then scented with pistachio, almond and vanilla.

In one word this smells divine, next time you're passing Boots get yourself in there and sniff these two bad boys, if you don't walk out with them in your bag then I will be shocked. (note: I'm talking about paying for them, not literally slipping them in your bag - that's kinda frowned upon)

Do you have any Soap and Glory recommendations for me? I'm thinking of trying the makeup range soon and I've heard the brow archery pencil is good, anyone tried it?

Hope you enjoyed this, let me know if you smell these and your thoughts.

Rosy xx



*PR Samples




SHARE:

10 comments

  1. I wasn't a big fan of whipped cream by soap and glory but I really like their sugar crush range a lot more than their normal range. Great post and I love the photos! x

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm guessing you might not be a fan of really sweet scents then as the Sugar Crush range is more citrusy, I like both I think the only scent I'm not a fan of is the Righteous Butter which I used to love but weirdly went off.

      Rosy x

      Delete
  2. I need to pick up the smoothie star breakfast scrub, looks and smells amazing x

    Lucy | www.foreverseptemberr.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just used it again this morning, it is lovely

      Rosy x

      Delete
  3. These photos are so pretty! I love the Breakfast Scrub the smell is lovely.

    KatieLou

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)

      It smells delicious doesn't it I can't get enough.

      Rosy x

      Delete
  4. I too have been a long term fan of Soap and Glory, perhaps even longer! The shower butter is the best thing ever, especially after shaving when I don't have time really to moisturise before work. Great reviews.

    Kristy | thevioletblonde.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a good time saver isn't it, I love combining steps

      Rosy x

      Delete
  5. I heard only good things about those products and this brand in general! I'm looking forward to try some of their products ^_^

    xoxo Afrodite ~ BubblyBeauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love soap and glory they have a very impressive range

      Rosy xx

      Delete

© Sparkles of Light. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig