Wednesday, 15 July 2015

Updated Thoughts on The Magnitone Lucid


Hello Everyone,

Today I'm re-visiting a gadget I mentioned two months back, the Magnitone Lucid.

I promised in my first impressions post (That you can read by clicking this link) that I would update you all when I had been using the Magnitone Lucid for a longer period of time, well the time has come my friends, the time has come.

Updated thoughts on the magnitone lucid


So rewind back two months, I was suffering badly with the mother of all break outs, I occasionally get the odd spot but this was something else, this was terrible, I couldn't get the spots to go and no matter how much I cut sugar out of my diet, drank shed loads of water, washed my brushes and cleansed like my life depended on it, nothing cleared the break out (which was caused by L'oreal FYI - more on that in an upcoming post) so when I was offered the chance to try out a Magnitone Lucid I was excited to see if my skin could be saved.

As I said in my previous post, using the Lucid feels nothing like you might expect, I envisioned my face being sanded into oblivion but it actually feels really relaxing once you get used to the idea of using a rotating brush head on your face, there's a sensitive settle or a normal setting, it is recommended you start with the sensitive setting while your skin gets used to using the Magnitone Lucid and then you can move on to the normal setting within a week or so - which I did.

I use mine with my Neal's Yard Wild Rose Beauty Balm (if you click this link it leads back to an old review I wrote about the Neal's Yard Wild Rose Beauty Balm and the picture quality is so bad but hey, I was a beginner) and found that using both together was a dream team, needless to say, my face is fixed, my spots are a thing of the past and my face is way way more glowy and healthy looking.


This means I can wear less makeup and while I have a couple of under the skin bumps as I always have done, I no longer need to be using concealer like it's going out of fashion. (Also the above picture features a wig that's not my hair... again it's for an upcoming post so keep your eyes peeled)

I'm so happy with the Magnitone Lucid and can't recommend it enough, now that my skin has gone back to normal I am only using the Lucid on days where I've had makeup on, the non makeup days (which are now possible again thank you Magnitone) I am back to using a warm muslin cloth and I'm back to being a happy camper (minus my eye bags and wrinkles due to my never sleeping toddler but in the words of Jaws "We're gonna need a bigger boat" to solve that.)

Have you used the Magnitone Lucid? What are your skin saviors?

Rosy xx

SHARE:

10 comments

  1. I really love mine too, I was dubious at first and thought it would ruin my skin. It's really helped reduce my breakouts too. Though my boyfriend says I do look weird brushing my face at night haha x

    www.throughneweyesx.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah my other half gets very interested in watching me cleanse at night haha

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  2. I've got this as well, I've recently overhauled my skincare routine and I'm really enjoying it! x

    Beauty and the Rest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its really good isn't it? I'm so glad I have it in my routine.

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  3. This sounds really good, I've heard quite a few positive things about it.

    Hannah | Rated In Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its definitely worth a try if you get the chance.

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  4. I have the Manitone Pulsar and it's just like this one and love it! Leaves your skin so smooth and glowing xx

    Jenny | Krystel Couture

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are they pretty much the same thing?

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  5. I use this too! I love it, I've noticed my skins too sensitive to use it everyday but it works wonders!

    LaurieElle.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think adapting it to fit your skin needs is probably the best thing to do there, that's what I've done, glad you love it too :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete

© Sparkles of Light. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig