Friday, 24 July 2015

The Heel Debate | Judgmental Hate


Hello Everyone,

Today's post is going to be a little different to our usual chat on here but I came across a webpage whilst browsing for shoes lately that caused me to feel a bit of rage... Ok a lot of rage.

Before we get into it, let me start with a bit of background information, we as women know the amount of stick and unfair slander based on our looks, weight, hair, intelligence, make up choices, life choices, sexual experience or lack of...

A couple of examples of this (Should your mind need refreshing) can be seen below:


All of these are just a fragment of the daily judgments we face, I for one am fed up of comments on my weight, look, makeup, clothing choices etc and the list goes on and on and on and,+ I know I'm not alone, especially when people find out I'm a blogger (weird, online geek, what does it even mean) to when they find out what my blog is about I'm suddenly less of a person, I'm one of 'them' but hey, that's fine I enjoy it (Even if one ex friend did say to me "Oh well I'm lucky I don't have to wear makeup but you do need a bit more than me for those eye bags" thanks bitch (note the ex friend bit)

But suddenly, whilst innocently drooling over Valentino heels I'll never be able to afford, I was searching all the shoe sites in the world to try and satisfy my growing shoe lust when this happened...


I was actually shocked, like mouth open "What the hell is wrong wit these people" shocked, the comments were mostly in agreement, anyone who dared disagree was quickly shot down, the daily mail links (if you're wondering) lead to pictures of drunk women in the street and pictures of Kate Middleton sitting down, doing royal things, wearing shoes... as you do when you're out doing royal things.




I have taken the liberty of removing the site same and the user names of these opinionated individuals and I hate to tell you all (but I'm sure you guessed as much) that the comments continued, they even went down the road of discussing the towns and cities of the UK with the most sordid women of all (one being my hometown).

I would like to put out there that I wear heels for me, not to appear sexy or lure men in, especially not the types of men who think wearing a heel makes me 'Slutty' although the idea of being Slutty in itself is an insult because it is yet another hate label that we could do without but that's a whole other post.

Fashion is a form of expression, if a pair of shoes makes you feel confident and happy then girl, you wear those heels, if you want to wear a short dress then you go and you wear that dress, if you're happy in trainers then buy those trainers, shoes don't define you as a person, shoes don't mean you're sending 'come-hither' messages to misogynistic men and shoes don't mean you lack class, what really does lack class is going into a public forum to spout ridiculous theories centered around your own personal prejudices and ill formed opinions, it would be far too easy for me to get involved with a bit of mud slinging here, call these men out and distribute a few insults of my own and I'm sure you all could too, but come on ladies, we all have way more style.

What are your opinions of this? And also... Any good shoe websites I might be missing out on?

Rosy xx

SHARE:

10 comments

  1. I'd love to wear heels more often, but I do a lot of running around and walking every day, and I live in one of those hilly cities where, no matter where you go, you have to have trainers on you (or suffer the consequences.)

    I wish I had some kind of magic formula to cut the hate surrounding women's looks, but unfortunately, the best thing I can do is remember this:

    An opinion is like an asshole - everyone has one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I personally spend most my life in flat shoes, I love cute flat shoes but I do own heels and every pair of heels I bought, I bought simply for the prettiness of the shoe, not for people's opinions of me wearing them :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  2. such an interesting post, I think some people are taking it way too seriously! if Duchess Kate wants to wear heels then why not?! and the same goes for every woman, or man for that matter. not that i wear heels often, but purely for comfort reasons and that's my choice.

    great post lovely

    www.Barely There Beauty.com | British Beauty & Lifestyle blog

    £50 no strings GIVEAWAY! With Wayfair

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! It is crazy, I didn't realise that such shoe discrimination existed, not sure why it surprised me though, it seems everything is under scrutiny these days.

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  3. This is such a fab post hun and such an important message to put out there. This really is proof that you really cannot win in this day and age. I hate the perception that if you wear makeup, you're an air head, vain, portraying "false advertising" it's something that I find so unbelievably frustrating!! Fab post lady.

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)

      I just find myself getting shocked at the sheer stupidity and self entitlement of some people, we are all only trying to get by in our own little worlds, it is such a shame there's so many small minded and vicious people out there.

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  4. I spend most of my life in things like vans and converse but I do wear heels when I'm going out and I agree with you, there's no reason why we shouldn't wear them! The people on that website sound so ignorant, I wouldn't have been able to read down any further without responding back to them!

    Maddie // itsthatplacecalledhere.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wear flats most the time but I do enjoy a good heel now and then but every heel I own has been bought because they look pretty, not because I think "Oooh men will love this"

      Stupid Website

      Rosy x

      Delete
  5. Honestly the comments on that site are ridiculous. I could not imagine life without heels and I have never nor will I ever dress to please anybody other than myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a joke isn't it, no idea why some people are so crazy judgmental over something that doesn't even concern them.

      Rosy x

      Delete

© Sparkles of Light. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig