Sunday, 5 July 2015

Stila 'In The Garden' Palette | Review and Swatches



Hello Everyone,

Today I'm showing you a palette I recently picked up, the In The Garden palette by Stila, This was my first foray into Stila beauty so I was pretty intrigued and lets be real - I have a palette addiction so I couldn't resit adding to my obsessive collection.

Stila 'In The Garden' Palette | Review and Swatches

Stila 'In The Garden' Palette | Review and Swatches

I love the garden theme, I'm all about themes, when you have as many palettes as I do you sometimes need a little marketing gimmick to make you spend your hard earned pennies.

The colour range in the 'In The Garden' palette is pretty decent with a mix of neutrals and a couple of bolder shades thrown into the mix (Juniper, Freesia and Rosette) but I personally feel like there should have been a couple more vibrant shades to really give the feel of being 'In The Garden' such as a bright yellow (maybe called Buttercup) but hey, I'm not the one on the design team (but I totally should be right? You can hire me next time Stila)

Stila 'In The Garden' Palette | Review and Swatches

Stila 'In The Garden' Palette | Review and Swatches

Swatch wise these all showed up up pretty nicely, the below swatches are without primer and with only one sweep. I have to say again that 'Rosette' (The purple shade) looks a little off... I would have expected a little bit more 'je ne sais quois' but whatever it is... it feels like it is lacking, other swatches online made this look super vibrant and pretty but I can't get it to do that... Maybe I picked up a bad batch?

Stila 'In The Garden' Palette | Review and Swatches

The rest of the shades from Stila In The Garden seem pretty nice, I especially like the light green and the gold. 
I love the theme as I already mentioned, I'm very into nature style branding (for example when Illamasqua released their Reflections Palette I lost my mind, read the review here but mind the bad pictures, it was one of the first posts I ever wrote) so the idea of a garden palette gets a yes from me (Simon Cowell style) Just a shame I can't get my colours to show up like others seem to...

Have you tried Stila In The Garden? Did your swatches turn out right?

Have you got any further Stila recommendations for me?

Bye for Now, 
Rosy xx

SHARE:

12 comments

  1. Lovely shades, I also love nature style branding and it's so hard to refuse while shopping! And by the eway, your first pictures aren't that bad, I'm sure mine were worst!

    Dash Xx
    Mode Lily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you, I thought I was so artsy at the time haha.

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  2. I really like Stila eyeshadows, I have the In Light Palette and it's one of my favourites :) xx

    Bethan Likes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been wanting to try that one too, I almost bought it a little while back.

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  3. I feel like Stila is such an underrated brand, their eyeliners and nude eyeshadow palettes are stunning. It's a shame that the colours don't show so much, still looks lovely though :)

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely want to try more, I feel like mine may have been a dud because everyone else has better swatches online.

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  4. This is actually such a pretty palette, but I agree there should be another vibrant shade included too!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, a nice yellow or something would really set it off nicely.

      Rosy x

      Delete
  5. I've been thinking about getting a Stila palette for a while everyone seems to love them but maybe not this one if it's not coming out bright enough! I like a really pigmented shadow palette so I can see why you're disappointed x

    jobrlw.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the online swatches may have been done wet, that might explain the vibrancy issues... I don't like having to wet shadows to get them to perform though.

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  6. Wow this palette looks really pretty! I agree that one (or two!!) brighter shades would give the whole thing a little more of a garden feel, but I guess they went for complete versatility! I'd hazard a guess that the photos from other people may have a tiiiiiny bit of post-processing done to make the colours really pop? Oh and Stila should totes pop you on their design team. ;D

    Fii || little miss fii

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I had a feeling that maybe photoshop was at play here haha.

      Rosy xx

      Delete

© Sparkles of Light. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig