Tuesday, 28 July 2015

Because You Know I'm All About That Base



Hello Everyone,

Today we are discussing bases - my top three liquid foundations right now to be exact - I say right now because lets be real, I buy a lot of makeup, one day there may be a new fella in this line up but for now here are my current favourite girlies.

YSL le teint touche eclat, bourjois healthy mix serum, illamasqua skinbase

So here are my three leading ladies in the foundation world.

1. YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat Foundation - Aka The Emma Watson - She is classy and trustworthy with an air of luxury. Finish is youthful and dewy but much in the same way I wouldn't take Emma Watson with me if I needed someone to have my back in a handbags at dawn incident, this YSL beauty doesn't handle the hardcore well either, the sheer finish is lovely if you only need a light coverage but on bad skin days or for acne prone skin this might not be the lady for you.

2. Illamasqua Skinbase - Aka The Helen Flanagan - She is gorgeous in pictures (This is my most used Instagram base FYI) consistently flawless and pretty. This is one foundation that will cover everything but just like Helen, in real life the cracks start to show (if you watched her losing her shizz on I'm a Celebrity you'll know what I mean). This foundation sinks into my fine lines like a mofo, suddenly I have a beautiful complexion with major wrinkles, this will be perfect for teenagers or those with no lines or wrinkles because it really is lovely and just like my love for Helen Flanagan, I can't quite let it go.

3. Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation - Aka The Sheridan Smith - She is the perfect all rounder and fits any occasion, you feel you could take her to a classy establishment for a nice afternoon tea or to a handbags at dawn incident (See Emma Watson above) and be safe in the knowledge that you're covered (That's good skin days and breakout days to us makeup fans) the only let down is that the shade range is pretty poor but if you can make one of the three shades (yes only three) work then this is the way to go.

Hope you enjoyed this post, let me know who your leading ladies are below.

Rosy
SHARE:

32 comments

  1. I love how you have described these! I recently discovered the Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation and know it has my back when I need it to! x

    Laura | Loved By Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a great all rounder isn't it :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  2. I love how you described these, great alternative on a foundation review x

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the comparisons to people used for this, really great. Awesome post! I do love the finish of the Bourjois foundation but it tends to break me out :( sad times...
    Lisa
    www.topazandmay.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw that is a shame, the same thing happens with me and l'oreal true match, I love true match but it's out to get me.

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  4. Totally gotta try Llamasqua one! :)

    Katja

    Following maybe?

    Let me know,

    here www.blogvivalavida.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give it a go, see how it works with you?

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  5. The way you've compared these foundations has literally had me LOL'ing this morning! I'm a Sheridan Smith girl, that foundation is my all time fave ;)

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha glad you enjoyed it, I love my Sheridan foundation, always a winner ;)

      Rosy x

      Delete
  6. I've wanted to try the bourjois for a while now, sounds great!

    www.ohjanuary.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great blog post :) the comparisons to the people really put a smile on my face xo

    EmsAlice // Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't tend to wear foundation, but when I do I like the Bourjois Healthy Mix! I agree with you on the Illamasqua Skin Base, it's a bit too heavy for me and settles very easily!xx

    Lissy | lissyslife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It gives great pictures... though not in HD!

      Rosy x

      Delete
  9. I would really like to try Healthy Mix as I've heard great things; I'm a very pale-faced girl though so hopefully they have a pale enough option for me. Lovely post! x

    www.vanityfrills.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I struggle to make it work on my winter pale skin I can only really wear it in summer.

      Rosy x

      Delete
  10. Great descriptions!! x
    Join my giveaway and choose the item you want to win!
    www.travelera.es

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad I read about the first two as they're some I've been toying with the idea of buying for a while! I like full coverage so YSL isn't good for me, don't want my face sliding off! I absolutely love Healthy Mix though, always go back to it. But do love Estee Lauder Double Wear Light! xx

    www.throughneweyesx.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to buy the estee lauder double wear BB, I was given a sample and I loved it so it has to be mine haha.

      Rosy x

      Delete
  12. The descriptions of these foundations is hilarious! I've only tried the Healthy Mix and it was way too dark. I wanna try the Skin Base though as the shade range is amazing.

    Daniella | Freshly Pressed Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it :)

      Skin base does have a fantastic shade range, one of the best about in my opinion.

      Rosy x

      Delete
  13. Great picks! I love how you've compared them to female celebrities haha, I love that personal little touch. The healthy mix is such a good foundation, I love it!

    Toni x
    www.clarkecouture.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it haha,

      Healthy mix is so good and being high street it's a must have.

      Rosy x

      Delete
  14. LOVED reading this post! I'm a bit gutted about Illamasqua Skinbase though, its been on my wishlist for ages but its such a shame it sinks into lines!

    lillies and lipbalm
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it is a massive shame because it is really nice on the parts of me that don't have lines yet but the smile lines get super pronounced by this.

      Rosy x

      Delete
  15. Love this post - what a genius idea to compare them to celebs. The Helen Flanagan! 😂😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha got to love Helen Flanagan :)

      Rosy x

      Delete

© Sparkles of Light. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig