Tuesday, 2 June 2015

YSL Couture Variation Palette Review and Swatches


Hello Everyone,

Today I'm sharing with you a beautiful palette.

The Yves Saint Laurent Couture Variation Palette - AKA The Most Beautiful High End Palette EVER.
Now I know that's a broad claim but I seriously can't get over how beautiful this palette is, I'm normally more a mid range girl palette wise (Urban Decay, MAC, Too Faced etc) but when I walked past this palette on a YSL counter I had to stop and marvel at the beauty... and of course I then had to cover my arm in swatches #beautybloggerproblems.


YSL Couture Variation Palette Review and Swatches

YSL Couture Variation Palette Review and Swatches

Ten beautiful shades of neutral perfection featuring three matte shades and seven shimmer shades in total, which is actually a very generous amount of shades for a high end palette. 

Shade 1: Cream Matte
Shade 2: Peach Shimmer 
Shade 3: Icy Pink Shimmer
Shade 4: Sandy Green Shimmer
Shade 5: Sand Shimmer
Shade 6: Mauve Shimmer
Shade 7: Apricot Shimmer 
Shade 8: Red/ Brown Matte
Shade 9: Taupe Shimmer
Shade 10: Coffee Matte

YSL Couture Variation Palette Review and Swatches

The swatches above are a single sweep without primer, they appear quite sheer but are all easily built up on the eye to get a nice colour payoff.

YSL Couture Variation Palette Review and Swatches

YSL Couture Variation Palette Review and Swatches


The Palette, comes with a little double sided brush that is actually alright in terms of palette brushes - I was able to use it to create a look but of course I prefer my usual Real Technique brushes to get a more precise look.

YSL Couture Variation Palette Review and Swatches


Finally lets discuss price, this palette is for sale on Feel Unique for £49.00 which may seem steep but this is a very high end palette, YSL is one of the more expensive brands out there but if you take into account that the usual 6 colour palettes retail at around £42.50 you're getting a whole four more shades for an extra £6.50... also, feel unique is the best place to buy a palette like this I think because they often have 10% off all beauty weekends and there's also a lot of discount codes floating around online too.

YSL Couture Variation Palette Review and Swatches


Have you tried this palette out? Gorgeous packaging don't you think?

Rosy xxx



SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Wow, this is a truly gorgeous palette - you're right! And the shades selection is right up my street too!

    Mademoiselle-Lala.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its so nice isn't it, I'm in love.

      Rosy x

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. The reddy brown is my favourite.

      Rosy x

      Delete

© Sparkles of Light. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig