Thursday, 4 June 2015

Topshop Beauty First Impressions


Hello Everyone,

Today we are discussing makeup (shock horror!!!!) Topshop Beauty to be exact.

I seem to be one of the few who haven't tried anything from Topshop's makeup range and so whilst I was browsing the website a week ago I decided to remedy this situation...

*PLEASE NOTE: I took these pics outside and it was windy and bits of the blossom tree kept getting on it all, in the end I decided to roll with it so yes - there are chunks of 'stuff' all over the place.

First thing I noticed is that Topshop were celebrating 5 years of beauty and some some of their most love products were available with a rose gold spin on the packaging (replacing the usual black) so I snapped up a lipstick from the range, I chose 'Rio Rio' which is a bright orange red.

Topshop Beauty First Impressions

Topshop Beauty First Impressions

Topshop Beauty First Impressions

Topshop Beauty First Impressions

First impressions of this lipstick are impressive, the colour swatched just like a mac lipstick and is easy to wear on the lips and even though it is a matte finish it is surprisingly creamy.
The one thing I don't like is the packaging - the style of the tube reminds me of a cigarette when I have the lid on... Just me?

Next up I decided to try one of Topshop's new Contour Creams because I'm all about the contour at the moment.
They have two shades on offer but I opted for the darker shade as reviews online said that the lighter of the two came out really orange whereas the dark brown shade was more a true shadow shade.
This shade is called 'Swerve' FYI
Topshop Beauty First Impressions

Topshop Beauty First Impressions

Topshop Beauty First Impressions

Topshop Beauty First Impressions

On first impressions this is very dark brown contour, I'm still working on how best to apply this as it was wetter than I would like which gave me a streaky finish but I've only tried it once (hence this being first impressions not a full review) and it was boiling hot outside so the sun might have helped melt it, maybe...
Packaging is cute, I love mirrors in lids and it is a perfect size for easy handbag packing.

Finally I picked up a Cheek Jelly in the shade 'Reign'.
I've been interested in these cheek jelly types after seeing a few USA beauty hauls where people had brought back a cheek jelly from Josie Maran and when someone else has it - I want it! 
Topshop Beauty First Impressions

Topshop Beauty First Impressions

Topshop Beauty First Impressions


First impressions of this are interesting, it feels like a lipgloss, applies sheer with a high shine, I've been using a stippling brush to apply this to the apples of my cheeks but I can't get my head around the idea that it is meant for cheeks and not the lips, would I buy another one? so far the jury is still out but it might be a bit too weird for me.
Packaging is really nice though, a little glass tub always feels so nice to grab in the sea of plastic in my ALEX drawers.

What do you think of Topshop beauty? Have you tried any of the above or have any recommendations?

Rosy xxx



SHARE:

10 comments

  1. I love Topshop beauty, especially their lipsticks! I'm looking forward to a full review of the contour cream. xx

    Jessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am tempted to try more lipsticks, hopefully I'll have that full review up soon.

      Rosy x

      Delete
  2. I keep putting off trying Topshop's makeup and I've no idea why, it has such good reviews! That lipstick looks gorgeous, I need to pick it up x

    Gemma Louise | Just Little Things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a really nice lipstick, definitely a favourite.

      Rosy x

      Delete
  3. Love the shade of that lip stick, perfect red for summer!

    http://www.mintnotion.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Topshop make up, I really want to buy some of the limited edition packaging products! I'm a sucker for rose gold! xx
    Glossy Boutique

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! I've been curious about Topshop's beauty products for a while, I love the lipstick!

    http://poppyallanorma.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rio Rio looks like a lovely shade. I really like the formula of Toyshop's lipsticks. I'm kind of intrigued by the cheek jelly too.

    Antonia x | Fifi and the Diamonds

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm also yet to try Topshop beauty, i'm struggling to house my current collection so I just can't add at the moment! That lipstick though...it's a perfect summer shade! Love the pictures :)

    Natalie xx
    Big Society Girl

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Rio Rio lipstck is such a lovely color! I wish I had a Topshop closer to my home ... or maybe I don't because I'll probably get broke.

    Sitara x // That Kind of Girl

    ReplyDelete

© Sparkles of Light. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig