Wednesday, 24 June 2015

The Only Lip Care Products You Will Ever Need


Hello Everyone,

Today I'm discussing something that has caused me a great deal of grief over several years, finding the perfect lip care products... I am aware this screams of #bloggerproblems but the struggle is real my friends.
I have been cursed with very dry lips, all through childhood I can remember having sore chapped lips all of the time (yeah I was 'that kid', the one with the perma-red lipliner look with the cuts in the corner of the mouth - gorgeous) so I have really been hunting for as long as I can recall for the products to save me from my genetic flaws (the line from JAWS "We're Gonna Need a Bigger Boat" springs to mind, but that's a whole other post).

In my epic quest for soft lips I've tried about a hundred thousand products (or so it seems) ranging from the terrible (Babylips here's a nod to you) to the terribly expensive (Dior Creme de Rose I'm talking to you) and many in between, finally settling on these three products you need in your life.

The Only Lip Care Products You Will Ever Need


1. The Night Time Rescue:

For an overnight treatment you can't go wrong with NUXE Reve de Miel lip balm, the thick texture makes it less wearable during the day (unless you're not planning on wearing any lipsticks or glosses because this is definitely a wear alone product).
I put Reve de Miel on before bed, and if I have been wearing lipstick that day my lips are usually feeling a bit sore by bed time but come morning my lips will always be hydrated and soft after using this - Thank you NUXE, I would 100% kiss you all if it wasn't a) inappropriate and b) would result in chapped lips again.
I am on to my 7th or 8th pot of this now and I can't imagine ever being without it - did I mention that Reve de Miel is filled with loads of natural ingredients? Well... I have now.

2. The Multi Talented:

Dr PAWPAW Original Balm is another balm filled with natural ingredients, one being fermented PawPaw which is supposed to be one of nature's best natural healers, you can get tinted versions that add a nice sheer wash of colour but I've only tried the original* Dr PAWPAW balm which comes out clear.
It has loads of uses too, not just as lip balm, you can use this for cracked heels and elbows, nappy rash, bites and stings, as a makeup or eye primer, moisturiser and as a brow smoother and shaper.
This is definitely a great multi use product and I can imagine a few repurchases of Dr PAWPAW's original balm might be in my future, I can't imagine me buying the tinted versions as it is the multi use factor that really draws me in here (lets be honest, I'm not going to be rubbing a red or peach coloured balm into my eyebrows) but if you've tried the Tinted Dr PAWPAW balms and they're worth a buy do let me know.

The Budget Staple:

Nivea do really good budget balms, my favourite is Milk and Honey although as I was writing this post I couldn't find it for sale online and I'm filled with an all consuming fear that it might be getting discontinued... I'll let you know if I hear more, in the meantime grab one of these if you spot them in shops because it is a lovely balm for an affordable price, I will probably cry and shake my fist at the Nivea stand if this is discontinued, just saying...

Have you used any of these?
What balms have been a total waste of time for you or what balms have you loved? I love getting recommendations or insider tips of which things to avoid!

Rosy xx

*PR Sample
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. I absolutely love Reve de Miel - it's such a gorgeous intensive lip balm, that I love applying before bed too! Dr. PAWPAW is incredible too, but definitely agree that its the multiuse that drew me in too, so I doubt I would opt for a tinted version - who knows though! I haven't tried the Nivea, sounds lovely! Great post x

    emily x ❤ | emilyloula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reve de Miel is an old favourite for me it is amazing! DrPAWPAW is a new addition to my love list but it is really nice!

      Rosy x

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. This is the only one I've tried but I think it's amazing!

      Rosy

      Delete
  3. I've been the happiest with Nive products. The quality you get is only improving over time! But I've never heard of the other two products. I'm very intrigued to try the NUXE one as I wake up with cracked lips every morning no matter what I put on before bed! Thx for this great post Xx

    Dash X
    Mode Lily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Nuxe one is my all time favourite, the thick texture can be weird to get to grips with but its perfect for overnight.

      Rosy

      Delete
  4. i've never tried any of these, thanks for sharing!

    danielle | avec danielle // giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the read :)

      Rosy x

      Delete
  5. I love the Nuxe but totally rely on Nivea for most of the year, it is such a good staple! xx

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to try more from nivea now :)

      Rosy x

      Delete
  6. I've heard lots about the Dr Pawpaw balm and I'm so tempted to buy it, the NUXE looks really good too :)
    Dalal x monochromedaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're both worth a go, especially if you have badly chapped lips :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  7. i used to own the nuxe reve de miel and loved it, but now ive found that bepanthen keeps my lips so soft and it's so much cheaper!
    natasha // eyebrows, inc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd never have thought of trying that! Might be worth a go thank you for that :)

      Rosy x

      Delete

© Sparkles of Light. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig