Thursday, 21 May 2015

High Summer - Packing for a Holiday


Hello Everyone,

Today we are talking about holidays, lovely lovely holidays, and in particular, packing for said holiday.

I don't know about you but for me packing is the bane of my life, I put it off till the last minute then end up grabbing things from everywhere, shoving it in my bag and hoping for the best only to arrive and discover I brought no clean underwear but I did bring some turkey (true story).

I finally came to the realization that enough was enough and it was time to get my stuff together (literally) and so I'm sharing my fail safe checklist with you.

  • Write a check list, then write it again. Go day by day, what will you wear? Will you need makeup? Which shoes are coming?
  • Streamline your list, you're going away for a week, you don't need nine pairs of shoes and twenty-four tops.
  • Be realistic - if you're off to see the pyramids you probably don't need your wellies do you?
  • Check things off as you put then in your case NEVER BEFORE, let me tell you a story about a girl who thought she would remember her toothbrush because she would be using it before she left the house for the airport only to arrive on holiday and discover it is still in the sink? Four years in a row...
  • Leave room for souvenirs, put back that extra chunky knit, more room for local goodies, in other words - pack light!
This year I've gone for a different style of swimsuit, forget bikinis, this year I'm all over the playsuit style. It hides a multitude of sins and the cute 1950's vibe never goes out of style, I find vintage style swimwear so classy and statement without being uncomfortable to wear, in fact - this might be the most comfortable swimwear I've ever owned. 

High Summer - Packing for a Holiday

High Summer - Packing for a Holiday

High Summer - Packing for a Holiday


You can get this retro swimsuit from BonMarche which I know is usually aimed at a more mature market but seriously give it a go, their holiday swimwear is on point this year.
Bonmarche also have an amazing competition to win your dream holiday, worth £3,000. I've entered, my dream holiday would be somewhere hot - probably a beach holiday with cocktails (a Mojito mainly but I might stretch to an Apple Martini or two) and a pool, basically relaxation would be the name of the game for me.
I'd also like Channing Tatum to serve me grapes... Too far?

High Summer - Packing for a Holiday


I'm also taking with me this gorgeous straw hat which is a bargain at £7, and if you've been reading my recent posts, you'll know I'm all about the hat this summer. I really like the scarf detailing on this hat because not only does it match my swimsuit, it has the classic vintage vibe I'm going for.

High Summer - Packing for a Holiday


An easy wear beach bag is a must-have, something that can take you from sight seeing in an exotic faraway city straight to the beach for an afternoon of sunning it up (with plenty sun lotion of course!)

Where would you go on a dream holiday? 
Have you got any packing tips to add?

Rosy

*Items were sent from Bonmarche, all opinions are my own.


SHARE:

8 comments

  1. One of the places I would love to visit is Bora Bora! It looks so beautiful and I'd want to stay in one of their huts in the water. My packing tip would be, to pack early! Just so that you have time to go back and check you have everything and there is no rush.

    - www.veebzboo.com

    - www.veebzboo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bora Bora sounds lovely I'd never even heard of it till you mentioned it.
      Your tip is really good I'll definitely be adding it to my future packing times.

      Rosy x

      Delete
  2. Love your swimsuit! I usually try to match my swimsuit to destination I am going: on crowded beach I would wear bikini and for family vacation something like this

    sparklygoddess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah I would wear this on family holidays it is perfect for covering up but looking stylish too.

      Rosy x

      Delete
  3. I'm like you I hate packing, but when I was younger I used to love it so much ha! I'll be using your packing tips when I go to festivals this year. I love your swimsuit!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You used to love it? I wish I could love it haha.
      The swimsuit is so nice isn't it?

      Rosy x

      Delete

© Sparkles of Light. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig