Friday, 8 May 2015

A Cakey Contour | Seventeen Contour Kit


Hi Everyone,

Today we are stepping into the darkest territory... A bad review *DUN DUN DUUUUUUN!!!* but trying as many makeup items as I do it is bound to happen now and then.

Now you might have this and love it and ya'know what? That's great but for me, no... Just no.

Seventeen Contour Kit

Seventeen Contour Kit

Seventeen Contour Kit

Seventeen Contour Kit


Contouring has exploded lately, it is no longer a term used only by those in the know, everyone and their gran seems to know a bit about contouring which means we are now seeing the high street following suit with more contouring releases than we can hold in our MAC swatched arms, some of them are great but on this occasion I wasn't impressed.

The packaging and general idea of the product are great, I love the sleek black plastic look and both powders are matte which is rare to find in highstreet brands who tend to love sparkle in everything.
This meant I was pretty excited to give this duo a go, I opted for the light contour shade as I'm pretty pale but unfortunately for me, the contour section ran very orange on my skin, it was definitely more of a bronzer than a contour colour, added to this is that it was very pigmented which made it hard to build up as with one swipe you get orange war stripes - not good (unless you're dutch and at a festival)
Unfortunately the highlight side has to be packed on to give any highlighting quality at all and that resulted in a cakey mess on my face, it just didn't look good, which was a shame because I really wanted to love this.

Overall it's a thumbs down here, what about you? Have you tried and loved this product?

Any good contour recommendations?

Rosy xx
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. This is actually the only contouring product I've ever been able to use! I don't use it all the time but I do occasionally and I really like it!!

    x x | daisydaisyxxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it, I've got a friend who likes it too.

      Rosy x

      Delete
  2. Such a shame you didn't get on with this product! I use the Anastasia Beverly Hills contour kit and it's a life saver!

    Emma x
    BEAUTY AND RAGS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm dying to try the Anastasia contour kit, It will be mine soon...

      Rosy x

      Delete
  3. Aw that is a shame! I use Sleek's contour palette and it's amazing! I really want to try Anastasia Beverly Hills' though. xx

    Jessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like the sleek contour palette, again the powders are a bit dark for my skin though.
      Rosy x

      Delete
  4. I've had my eye on this for a bit now so glad I came across this review! I hate it when contour ends up looking orange - I usually use the S&G solar powder and find that's a great shade on pale skin :)

    Beth x

    Bethany Georgina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh I've not tried the Soap and Glory solar powder but consider it added to my list :)

      Rosy x

      Delete
  5. I was going to pick this up but after reading this, I think I'll reconsider. I use the Nyx blush - Taupe to contour as it looks so natural but I also really like the Sleek contour kit (: xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to try NYX taupe, I never seem to come across NYX products though :(

      Rosy x

      Delete
  6. I've never been to a beauty blogger event before! This one looks amazing! And Fenwick Beauty Week sounds like such a good idea, hope you have a lovely time.

    Roxie ♥
    thebeautifulbluebird.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya, I think you posted this on the wrong post, my Fenwicks post is the next one up haha, It was a great event, if you get chance to go to a beauty event always go, they're so much fun.

      Rosy x

      Delete

© Sparkles of Light. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig