Tuesday, 21 April 2015

MAC Ocean City Dupe | Essence Blush Up Review


Hello Everyone,

We are going to be looking at another dupe today because saving money is always a good idea.

Today we are looking at a dupe for the Ocean City blush from last year's MAC Proenza Schouler collection - a gorgeous coral ombre blush with two major downsides:

1. Limited Edition so pretty difficult to get hold of now

2. Expensive, let's be honest, MAC Limited Edition products aren't purse friendly.

But oh what a beauty it is. That is why I was so very very excited to find a dupe for just £3.50 and the design is also ombre.
"What is this witchcraft?!" I hear you cry, well my friends, it's Essence Blush Up.

MAC Ocean City Dupe | Essence Blush Up Review

MAC Ocean City Dupe | Essence Blush Up Review

MAC Ocean City Dupe | Essence Blush Up Review


The colours in the pans are both coral ombre and although the MAC version is finer milled, the colour swatched are pretty damn similar.

MAC Ocean City Dupe | Essence Blush Up Review
Ocean City

MAC Ocean City Dupe | Essence Blush Up Review
Essence Blush up

MAC Ocean City Dupe | Essence Blush Up Review


Overall I'm so impressed with this dupe and had I seen it before I bought the MAC one, I would possibly have just bought the budget version.... But then I never can resist MAC Limited Editions....

Have you tried this blush? Is there anything else from the Essence line you think I should try?

Rosy xxx


SHARE:

14 comments

  1. I have the Essence blush & love it. It's not a shade I would usually go for but think it's perfect for the upcoming warm months :) I'd really recommend their new 2 in 1 Bronzing Powders! x

    Jordan Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I'll have a look for them when I'm next by a wilkos, I hear their lip pencils are great too.

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  2. To me it looks even more like Ripe Peach from the MAC Toledo collection! I would definitely have bought the Essence over the MAC, especially because Ripe Peach has a poor texture.

    Beaumiroir

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find that often limited edition releases lack the quality of permanent line items :(

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  3. This blush is so beautiful! I would love to wear this shade for summer. The dupe is exactly the same! I really like your blog, I'm following you now on bloglovin. Checkout my blog and if you like it follow me too. Let's keep in touch! :D

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much I'll definitely check you out :)

      Rosy

      Delete
  4. Lovely dupe! These both look gorgeous!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's something about ombre that just looks lovely.

      Rosy x

      Delete
  5. I have wanted to get my hands on this for a while, it looks like such a lovely shade (: xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lovely shade it's well worth investing in.

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  6. The colours look gorgeous!
    http://rainbow-roseblossom.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Love ombre, Lovely name by the way!

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  7. Wow what an amazing dupe! I need to try some essence products!
    Kirsty x


    PrettyBugBlog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ones I've tried I've really enjoyed and they're super affordable.

      Rosy xx

      Delete

© Sparkles of Light. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig