Wednesday, 21 January 2015

Nanshy 4in1 Makeup Sponge Review


Hello Everyone!

So today we are talking about a makeup sponge from Nanshy - a cruelty free makeup brush and tools brand.
I love cruelty free beauty and I had already heard of Nanshy when I was offered the chance to try out their sponge blender, needless to say, I jumped at the opportunity.



Nanshy say this sponge can be used for a plethora of applications, liquid makeups, cream makeups (including cream blusher) along with mineral based and wet/dry powders while the innovative shape of the sponge makes it a multi-use tool in one go.




The flattened rise up top lends itself well to contouring around the nose and eyes, tapering down to the flat edge perfect for wide flat stippling.
For easy grip nanshy have incorporated an indented waist in the centre which makes it more comfortable to hold in place as you layer and blend to achieve an airbrushed finish.
The bottom of the blender can be used in the traditional way we have seen before with blending sponges -  blending large areas of your face or for rolling on foundation, however, this little green wonder has a slightly flattened bottom so you can stand your sponge in an upright position for drying after cleaning or just when not in use (this finally puts a stop to the dreaded rolling away!).



How To Use a Blending Sponge or Beauty Blender for Foundation:
1. Hold the sponge under running water whilst squeezing until your sponge expands (alternatively you could hold it under water and squeeze there)
2. Remove from the water and squeeze out excess moisture (you want your sponge to be slightly damp)
3. Pat over a towel if the sponge is still a bit too wet.
4. Swipe it across your liquid or cream foundation.
5. Apply first at the mid section of your face (near your nose) and sweep out product across your face.
6. Blend and Done.



So what is this blender really like?
In all honesty - it is fantastic, very soft and comfortable to use (I have tried a few different blending sponges in my time and had some experience with harder offerings that end up feeling like you're trying to whack your makeup on with a brick).
The curves of the body shape really do all live up to their various claims and made application of my foundation so easy.
I love a good beauty sponge because I do think they help create the airbrushed look we all want because they take away the time consuming task of buffing makeup in to avoid streaks and to get even coverage meaning that they are perfect to try if you are new to makeup or don't always have the time to select and use various brushes in a mass array of size, shape and finish.
I particularly recommend this sponge for the use of cream blushers, it takes away the stress of blending them evenly without moving your foundation around your face!

Overall I would definitely recommend picking up this essential tool and giving it a go, the official release isn't till Feb but you can sign up for the waiting list for the Nanshy 4in1 Blending Sponge
by clicking the link.

Toodles xxx

*PR Sample
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. I'm actually still to try using these make up sponges! They look like they give such a nice flawless base! I've used a few nanshy brushes in the past and got on really well with the so I'd love to try this too! xxxx

    thechinadolldiaries.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I'd recommend this one over the pink 'beauty blender' because this one is £6 and just as good as the beauty blender which is around £16 last time I checked. Xx

      Delete
  2. oh i do love my nanshy brush so i know i would love this to

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried nanshy brushes but they're definitely on my list xx

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Comes out next month it's so good x

      Delete
  4. Oh I can't wait to use mine now! Sounds amazing - I want to try it at the weekend in daylight, I'm currently up in the dark and home in the dark, so not ideal!!

    Lauren x - bylaurenjane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah experimenting with makeup in the dark never really ends well :) hope you enjoy it at the weekend x

      Delete
  5. I've been using beauty blender dupes and the real thing for years now and I love them, especially as I have dry skin x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the flawless finish that these sponge/blenders give! Hope you have a lovely week :)

    www.kelsabelle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too :)
      Hope you have a lovely week too.
      Rosy x

      Delete
  7. I'm in love with my Beauty Blender but this one looks much so better. I love the shape of this one and the fact that it has a flat side as well. :)

    www.pyaribeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely worth a buy I love mine I use it every day at the moment.
      Rosy

      Delete

© Sparkles of Light. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig