Tuesday, 13 January 2015

Illamasqua Highlighter Brush - A Must Have Multi-Use Tool


Hello Everyone!

Today I'm sharing with you a fantastic brush to add to your collection, that little gem is the Illamasqua Highlighter Brush.



I don't normally write brush reviews on here but as I've never seen anyone else mention this brush in all the thousands of blog posts I read, I couldn't allow it to remain overlooked anymore.

This brush is special, a multi-use tool that holds a prime place in my collection and a brush I use almost daily.
Illamasqua themselves market this as a multi-use brush and I originally bought it because their website claims this brush can be used to buff their skin base foundation into the skin (which incidentally had been the only brush I have found makes my Skin base foundation look flawless) and I fell in love from there.

This is what Illamasqua say:

 Illuminate your alter ego. Use the Illamasqua Highlighter Brush to apply highlights to anywhere you'd like to draw attention; try it with Illuminator or Pure Pigment. Wonderfully versatile, this brush can also be used to buff Illamasqua Light Liquid or Skin Base Foundation onto the face, to create a long-lasting polished finish.

All Illamasqua brushes are hypoallergenic and suitable for all skin types. Because we use advanced synthetic hairs instead of animal products, they're completely cruelty-free.


The cruelty free factor added to my love of this brush, with its silky soft bristles and its sleek black handle I feel I might be a little in love.



Illamasqua recommend this brush to be used for their foundations or to illuminate your features but I use it for a few different areas:

1. Highlighting (obviously)

2. Contouring - the small size of this brush makes it perfect for applying cream or powder into your contour areas.

3. Buffing - be that foundation, concealer, cream products, highlighter or blush. This brush is perfect for them all.

4. Setting powder - I don't use setting powder over my whole face, mostly on areas I've applied concealer or a cream contour so the small head on this brush works perfectly.

5. Blush - the small head size means you can get a precise application of blush to your cheeks rather than the 'aim and hope' that can sometimes occur with a larger brush.

6. Skin Base Foundation - this is the only brush I will use for this foundation now.

So there we have it, do you have this brush? Do you use it for everything too?

Toodles xxx
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. This brush looks amazing, I love the tapered finish to the brush :) I am very tempted to snap this brush up as I’m after a contouring brush that is small enough to press into the hollows of my cheeks :)

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Illamasqua have a fair few nice brushes I intend to try more from their range x

      Delete

© Sparkles of Light. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig