Thursday, 9 October 2014

My Autumn Nail Favourites


Hello Everyone!

Autumn has finally arrived, the leaves are turning yellow, red, orange and brown and the nights are drawing in.
Fashion and beauty is as its best in Autumn in my opinion and so I've been dying to put away my summer colours (I'm looking at you vegas volt!) and pull out the darks, so without further ado, I bring to you, my top 5 nail colours of the season.



1. 'Taboo' by Chanel

Not the cheapest option here but this is by far, one of the most beautiful nail polishes I've ever seen. It is like a galaxy print in a bottle with the purple/blue colour that looks fuscia in certain lights.
The micro shimmer and light reflective colour make this a multi dimensional polish that is hard to capture on camera but is stunning in person.

2. 'Facet' by Illamasqua

This is another multi-toned nail colour, with a taupe/mushroom base coupled with gold shimmer, the overall effect is autumn in a bottle, beautiful and earthy in one, the golden shimmer looks like an Autumn sunset through the leaves (call me a romantic but it's true)
Illamasqua nail varnishes are my favourite higher end nail paints and I own more bottles than I should admit to, but this one is very special to me.

3. 'Kink' by Illamasqua

Another Illamasqua offering here with this unusual shade, a bottle green that compliments an Autumnal colour palette well.
If you're looking for something simple yet unique, this is your fella, it is also a surprising break from the plumb and blood red tones that flood the market at this time of year.

4. 'Countess' by Barry M

If Illamasqua is my favourite high end go-to for nail varnish, then Barry M has to take the high-street crown, I have loved Barry M nail polishes for many years and have so many favourites, 'Countess' is one of them.
With light catching gold shimmer, this colour can look brown in the bottle, however, once applied, the purple base really comes through and the gold shimmer becomes more of a background compliment rather than being 'in your face' glitter-tastic.
See the swatch above to note how different this looks out the bottle than in!

5. 'Gorgeous Grape' by Leighton Denny

This was my first foray into Leighton Denny nail polish and I wasn't disappointed, this is a more transitional shade from Summer to Autumn for those who aren't quite ready to switch to muted colours just yet.
I would describe this as a darkened fuscia and can be quite the statement colour for those of you who prefer to keep statement colours to your hands rather than your face.
Also, a nod to the pretty bottle too!

I hope you enjoyed this post, if you have written an autumn nail post please link me I'd love to see your favourites.

Toodles xxx


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Kink is such a gorgeous shade, love forest greens! :)

    Style Sunrise☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, it is really nice and quite unique too xx

      Delete

© Sparkles of Light. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig