Wednesday, 22 October 2014

Eye of Horus - Scarab Sapphire Goddess Eye Pencil


Hello Everyone!

Today I'm showing you the newest release from Eye of Horus, the new Goddess Eye Pencil in 'Scarab Sapphire'. *PR Sample



Goddess pencils are a combination of waxes in creamy matte or metallic finishes that can be also used as an eyeshadow too. They are long wearing and glide on easily to make wear time as comfortable as possible.
One selling point for me is the formulation of Eye of Horus products is uniquely made in the style of of the ancient Egyptians using plant based ingredients and are designed for sensitive eyes... Being a bit of an ancient Egypt fan and history buff - this drew me in.




The packaging is rather mystical looking, gold on black looks luxurious and coupled with the Eye of Horus logo, it is certainly an eye catching yet classic design.

The pencil itself does indeed glide on like a dream, no pulling or tugging here at all, the pigmentation is beautiful and eye catching, depending on how you layer or smudge the product you can have a subtle colour pop or you can layer and smudge away to be left with an amazing statement look that lasts all day.




I tried this pencil numerous times and was left deeply impressed and certainly intregued enough to want to try more pieces from the line.
I created two eye looks to show you how I personally used the pencil which you will see below, in the 'statement eye' column I used the Eye of Horus pencil on my waterline and upper lash line, I used Illamasqua's Reflection Palette  on my lid (using colours 'Precipice' and 'Graphica' and then used the smudged Eye of Horus pencil on my outer eye and in the crease, as you can see it left a beautiful effect.

In the 'neutral eye' column I used the Illamasqua Refection Palette again but just using the shade 'Precipice' for a more neutral look, I then lined my upper lid and smudged a little along the bottom lashline for a little colour pop.
I personally loved both looks, I hope you enjoy them too.



What do you think of this eye pencil? Have you tried anything from the brand?
Toodles xxx
SHARE:

1 comment

© Sparkles of Light. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig