Thursday, 17 July 2014

W7 Makeup Review and Swatches

Hello Everyone!

Today we have quite a picture heavy post featuring a few pieces from W7 - a budget friendly brand which I have discovered also has excellent quality!



I was lucky enough to be sent these items to try out and I've been putting them through their paces for the past week and a bit.
I have to say I was very impressed.

First up we will discuss the primer I was sent:



As you can see this primer is an unusual colour, I've never tried a green primer before but the green is supposed to counteract any redness in your skin, I did notice a dulling in the redness I have around my nose which meant I required less concealer in that area so that's a thumbs up!



The consistency felt thick at first then smoothed out to a velvet finish. I did notice it allowed my makeup to apply smoother.
The only other place I've seen a green foundation is by smashbox so it is definitely one to try!

Next up is the blusher in the shade 'Born Pretty'



I think this blush will suit me more in winter as I'm a little too tanned at the moment for it to show up much on my cheeks but it does layer up well so I managed to get some colour payoff.
Swatched on my arm you can see the colour is very pretty and it is very pigmented and applies  well and blends easily.



Then there is the eyeshadow  in the shade 'Steel'



This was a gorgeous champagne shade with a high shimmer finish, no chunky glitter just a gorgeous smooth finish, it reminded me of my urban decay naked palette shades, and I love the packaging, very sleek, not gimmicky and will fit in nicely with my other single shadows.



Next up is the waterproof liquid liner in the shade black.



This came out very wet but did dry down to a nice finish, however, there is a little waiting around while you wait for it to dry and sadly it doesn't seem 100% waterproof to me as I tried to smudge it with a wet finger and it went all over my face. As a non waterproof liner it is pretty nice but if you want actual waterproof there are better ones on the market.



Finally we get to my favourite pick of the bunch, the lipstick! The shade I have is called 'Sandpiper'.



I have today I wasn't a fan of the packaging, it just felt a little flimsy to me and I thought it would appeal to the teenage market better than a woman in her 20s like me, however, that aside, the lipstick is AH-MAY-ZING!!!

The pigmentation is so high and it is so moisturising and easy to wear on the lips. The colour is very on trend and I have to say, for me, this is the star piece of the collection I was sent.



Of course I tried these all together to make a look so below are some shameless selfies:




You can check out the full impressive range on the W7 Website


*PR Sample
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Lovely post, Will deffs try the primer, it sounds amazing. Love the lipstick too, looks super shiny & glossy.
    Claire.x

    I'm currently running a giveaway on my blog, would love for you to pop over
    www.xclaireabella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandpiper looks absolutely stunning, I'll definitely be checking it out!

    Meg at Meg Says

    ReplyDelete

© Sparkles of Light. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig