Tuesday, 1 July 2014

Dior and Chanel Makeup Looks 2014 Using a £4 Palette?


Hello Everyone!

Today I am showing you a couple of makeup looks I created inspired by recent Dior and Chanel looks, but instead of using high end makeup I have opted for a budget option by Makeup Revolution.



If you want to see swatches of this palette and information on where to buy it, have a look at my Makeup Revolution Haul post by clicking the link.

Now on to the makeup,
Some major differences have been seen on the catwalks lately, some mega-brands (such as Stella McCartney, Donna Karen and Dolce & Gabbana) have been sporting a minimal makeup look, clear glowy skin, rosy cheeks and pretty much nothing else, whereas the likes of Dior and Chanel have been embracing colour, and the colours have been bright!

I found this picture in Allure Beauty and decided to try and copy it using only my Makeup Revolution 'Acid Brights' palette:




I used the silver and the hot pink from the palette, I didn't add any mascara as the picture appears to have natural lashes.

Next up I have been seeing this Dior advert everywhere! I really liked the pink-tuxedo eyeliner look  that is worn in  the picture and so, using my Makeup Revolution palette along with a black liquid liner from Illamasqua, I tried to recreate the look.




I used a wet brush with the purple/pink colour from the palette to get a more intense finish and it was quite pleased with the result. I topped the look off with false lash effect mascara.

And finally I decided to add my own look into the mix, again using the Acid Brights palette and here is the result:



I hope you enjoyed this post and feel more inspired to embrace some bright colours.

Toodles xxx
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. The colours are so pigmented! Usually bright coloured eyeshadows don't show up very easily, I definitely have to give this a go!

    Yige || Yet Another Makeup Blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very pigmented I can't wait to try more from this brand xx

      Delete

© Sparkles of Light. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig