Friday, 16 May 2014

OOTD - Hottest Day of the Year

Hello Everyone!

Today was supposed to be the hottest day of the year so far and so I thought I would celebrate by wearing a nice little summer dress.



I love how pretty and feminine this dress is but it also reminds me of the 90s - hardly surprising as the 90s trend is popping up all over at the moment. As someone who can remember the actual 90s I am not rushing to re-create the looks, this dress is about as 90s as I will venture.

In light of the fact that I didn't want to play up to the 90s trend in its entirety, I decided to forgo a choker necklace and jelly shoes in favour of a more 2014 long-line floral necklace (clashing florals speak to me) and my trusty old nude heels.



I went for a bold statement lip with MAC's 'Pleasure Bomb' lipstick (LE)  and quite understated eye makeup (MAC Ricepaper all over the lid and my YSL mascara to finish).
I used ELF Bronze/Blush duo to lightly contour and then my Dani Glasses from Specspost.




Finally I finished off the look with a bright pink satchel bag.



It really was a lovely day, I hope they're right when they're saying we are going to have a heat wave this year... However, I'm sure they say this is going to happen every year and every year we get let down, but who knows, maybe this is our year!

What I Wore:
Dress: ASOS
Shoes: Primark
Necklace: Majique Jewellery*
Bag: ASOS
Glasses: SpecsPost


What did you wear today?

Toodles xxx

*PR Sample
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. You look so pretty, loving your dress :-)

    http://christineiversen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty dress, it was a gorgeous day today
    Lauren
    livinginaboxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm loving asos at the moment cx

      Delete
  3. Such a cute dress, we have had some lovely weather recently!
    clarabellerose.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have, hopefully summer is here for good xx

      Delete
  4. Really like the bright pink lipstick & bag! We had some really warm weather last week so hoping that sticks around too! Today was a bit cooler though so it was a jeans-lightsweater kind of day :)

    Cat // CACHOO JOO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the weather changes so quickly! It's raining and horrible today so I think it's firmly a jeans day xx

      Delete
  5. Your dress looks lovely and your bag is gorgeous! :) xx

    She's Looking at the Stars

    ReplyDelete

© Sparkles of Light. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig