Monday, 12 May 2014

Nails of the Day - Leighton Denny - Review


Hello Everyone!

Today's post is a little look at what I'm wearing on my nails today.



I saw this polish in TK Maxx and as it was a fraction of the RRP, I snapped it up.

I have wanted to try a Leighton Denny nail polish for a while but couldn't justify the expense, I got this polish in a duo got just £7 so that was a bargain!



The shade is called Butterfly Wings. Described on the Leighton Denny website as being a perfect colour on its own or as part of a French manicure and perfect for brides, I was expecting a classy, barely there shade, something you could wear to work, a wedding or day to day.



It certainly is a beautiful colour, a barely there pink with a gorgeous irradescent micro-shimmer running through. At first glance it is almost undetectable but as it catches the light it gives your nails such a pretty, feminine glow.
The downside came for me at just how sheer one coat is, these pictures are the result of 3 coats, I don't like to have to go over 3 coats when applying nail varnish, it just takes too long for my liking and they tend to get a bit goopy after a few coats so if you are looking for an opaque finish - this is not the polish for you!



At £11 a bottle (RRP) I would have liked a less sheer formula but as I picked this shade and another for £7, I am still pleased I picked it up.

I accessorised with a pretty heart ring from Majique Jewellery* in a silver colour as the overall colour tone of the nail polish is cool so I thought silver would be a better option than gold.

What do you think of Leighton Denny nail polishes? Are they all sheer or is this a one off?
Toodles xxx

*PR Sample
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I really like it, i quite like that it would be sheer as sometimes a barely there polish adds just a hint of prettiness to nails, but it is pricey when you can get cheaper colours and achieve that look with them! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, there's only been two nail polishes that I've paid full high end price for, I'm a high street girl when it comes to nails x

    ReplyDelete

© Sparkles of Light. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig