Wednesday, 16 April 2014

Xtras Clip-in Half Wig Review

Hello Everyone!

Today's post is about hair, clip in hair that is!
I was lucky enough to be sent a clip in half wig hairpiece from the lovely people at Xtras to try out.
Xtras are a company that sell clip in hair pieces (such as fishtail braids and pony tails right up to human hair half wigs etc), hair extensions, discounted makeup from brands such as Barry M, OPI and L'oreal. They are also expanding into jewellery and hair accessories too.



After sending a few emails filled with shameless selfies to get a colour match for my hair, I was matched to 'Chocolate Brown' in their 22" straight hair piece that you can see here.
Sadly we got the colour match off and the hair is far too dark to blend with my own but for the purpose of this review I have tried to use colour filters to try and hide it a bit, so just be aware, I know it doesn't match but lets pretend we don't notice that ;)




The hairpiece is clipped in using clips at the back and is designed to blend with your own hair to add volume and length. Having recently had my hair cut shorter than before I was excited to try this hair piece.



Clipping in the hair was easy I just parted my hair low down at the back and clipped it in! It was comfortable to wear which impressed me as I expected it to feel heavy, the only downside is that as this is synthetic hair you can't use any heat products when styling so you can only really have straight hair but Xtras also sell real hair too so that could be an option for you if you are more of a curl fan.

Even though I couldn't use heat I had a go at creating a couple of different looks with this hairpiece for you to have a little look at (note: I've used filters to try and blend the colours)



What do you think of the overall look?
Have you tried clip in hair yourself?
Toodles xxx

*PR Sample

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sparkles of Light. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig