Tuesday, 8 April 2014

Sixties Style


Hello Everyone!

Anyone who knows me will know I love a spot of vintage, be it homeware, makeup or fashion, I'm all about the days gone by.
Today I'm focusing on a spot of 60's style featuring a gorgeous Eloise Floral Print Collar Dress from WalG.



This dress screams 1960's mod style which originated in London in the 60's and was all about bright colours, horizontal or vertical lines and  - as in this example - exaggerated patterns.
This was also the era of the mini skirt as a non verbal rebellion against the long skirts and lady-like fashion of the 1950's.
This was an era of reform, an era of strong women who knew what they wanted and how to get it - an attitude that is very much prevalent today in 2014, so what better dress than to tie the two eras together than this.



Floral print is usually very cute and girly but I find the non uniform print of these daisies adds a bit of attitude to the usual spring floral trend.
The peter pan collar really ups the vintage feel here too and I love the colour contrast.



The dress fastens with a concealed zipper up the back and a button at the back of the collar.



This dress is so multi-functional in its style - You could wear it as I have for a pretty day to day look, you could pair it with leggings or skinny jeans on cooler days or you could pop on a pair of wellies and rock this at a summer festival.

Finally I went neutral on the makeup, mod style was all about nude lips and barely there makeup with the addition of the signature winged eyeliner. I also added a pair of vintage style glasses for good measure.




Check out the walG website for this dress and other summer styles, let me know if you pick anything up.

Toodles xxx


walg fashion *PR Sample
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. That dress is so gorgeous! Great post lovely! xx

    www.clionahill.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I really like it it's pretty different xx

      Delete
  2. this dress is fabulous! I love your makeup as well:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous dress I love this look on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - the dress is so pretty xx

      Delete
  4. So pretty, really suits you too!!

    Rikki | lusciouslane.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© Sparkles of Light. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig