Sunday, 16 March 2014

New MAC Pre Filled Eye Palette in Warm Neutral Review


Hello Everyone!

Today we are talking about an exciting release from MAC, the pre-filled palettes!

Finally, a cosmetic company has listened to us, we spend years loving our 15 pan palettes but complaining about the massive price issues in filling one (especially with the likes of INGLOT offering us basically the same option at a fraction of the price) but there is something about MAC that keeps us coming back for more, even if they are overpriced compared to similar options on the market, because lets face it, those other palettes just aren't MAC!

New MAC Pre Filled Eye Palette in Warm Neutral Review


And then it happened, I saw an American beauty blogger showing off her palette, her pre-filled palette a fraction of the price of doing it yourself! I was like a fish on a hook being reeled in, praying that we would get it in the UK.

New MAC Pre Filled Eye Palette in Warm Neutral Review


We got it!
MAC released both the warm and cool neutral 15 pan palettes, the day they came out I ordered the warm palette, I was so excited. For £65 that makes these shadows around £4.33 each, whereas normally the empty palette alone is £24.50!
Talk about  a massive bargain!

New MAC Pre Filled Eye Palette in Warm Neutral Review


The shades in the warm neutral palette contain a mix of finishes, the shade list is as follows:
Hey: (Veluxe Pearl) A shimmery pink champagne colour.
Warm Breeze: (Satin) A very pale, barely there, pink.
Gingersnap: (Frost) A very pinky orange, verging on rose gold.
Dark Brew: (Velvet) A coffee bean brown.
Dance in the Dark: (Matte) A deep, blackened chocolate.
Brule: (Satin) a creamy nude cream
Vanilla Extract: (Frost) A shimmery, nude cream.
Honey Lust: (Lustre) A copper orange with gold shimmers.
Amber Lights: (Frost) A very peachy shimmery shade.
Saddle: (Matte) A gingerbread brown.
Lemon Tart: (Veluxe Pearl) A frosty and very pale yellow.
Creative Copper: (Lustre) A sunset orangey brown with gold shimmer
Butterfudge: (Satin) Gold brown with Gold shimmers and can look peachy coloured in some lights.
Divine Decadence: (Velvet) A reddy brown.
Unwind: (Veluxe Pearl) An olive and gold hybrid.


And now for the swatches:

New MAC Pre Filled Eye Palette in Warm Neutral Review

New MAC Pre Filled Eye Palette in Warm Neutral Review

New MAC Pre Filled Eye Palette in Warm Neutral Review


The Sparkles 5:


New MAC Pre Filled Eye Palette in Warm Neutral Review


This palette has got one of the highest scores on the sparkles 5 ever, 23/25! Read on for greater detail.

Wear Time: As is expected with MAC eyeshadows, worn with a primer, these shades will last you all day, that for me is around 9 hours.
Formula: MAC are well known for their excellent formula, that being said, I don't really like the formula of Veluxe Pearl shadows, they tend to be a bit hit and miss for me so this is why it dropped a point here.
Pigmentation: Again, MAC generally deliver highly pigmented eyeshadows and this palette is no exception, however, one or two shades are a tad milky for my opinion and so it dropped its second point here.
Packaging: I love MAC packaging, it is sleek, distinctive and consistent. 5/5 here.
Lust Factor: I think it is safe to say that this is a highly lusted after product for me, the price, the much wanted 15 palette and the actual shades give this a good solid 5/5!

So there we have it, what do you think? Are these value for money or does it take the fun out of collecting and sorting a palette yourself?
I'd love to see MAC release more of these in various, more daring colours myself, maybe some purples or greens.

Toodles xxx

SHARE:

10 comments

  1. That is a good bargain! I'm yet to try the MAC eyeshadows; I think a great place to start would be a neutral palette though!

    http://laurenslittleblogs.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love MAC they're one of my favourite brands :)

      Delete
  2. this is so pretty, I do the same, I see a nice cheaper palette and I'm tempted to buy it then I think noooo but its not MAC! haha I'd rather spend more to get what I want or I'll regret it x

    www.thefashion-six.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always regret not getting what I want lol, I end up spending more in the end because I buy a replacement then end up getting the real deal too. Xx

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. They're so pretty and wearable aren't they :) xx

      Delete
  4. This is so nice! It's a good thing Mac finally got around to doing these pre filled palettes! It would be nice if you could buy an entire palette filled at the same time, but be able to choose the colors yourself for the same price :)
    Tanja Mortensen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be amazing I would love that xx

      Delete

© Sparkles of Light. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig