Tuesday, 18 March 2014

Earthnicity Minerals Review


Hello Everyone!

Today I am reviewing some mineral makeup for you from Earthnicity Minerals - a UK based mineral makeup company that pride themselves on their usage of 100% pure minerals, no synthetic colourings, no fragrances, no preservatives, no alcohols and no oils. They also claim that their minerals are so gentle that you can sleep in them without breaking out... I still wouldn't recommend this but it is nice to know that these products are going to be gentle on the skin.
Earthnicity also have an understanding of different skintones and provide makeup ranging from the very light or fair skinned, up to very dark skintones without their colours appearing ashy or poorly matched.

Earthnicity Minerals Review


Being new to mineral makeup I was very interested to try a broad range of products, I was especially keen to try mineral concealer. In the end I was lucky enough to be sent a sample kit containing everything you need for a full face of makeup:

  • Mineral Foundation in the shade 'Natural Light'
  • Mineral Concealer in the shade 'Ivory'
  • Mineral Blush in the shade 'Sweet Pink'
  • Mineral Finishing Powder/Highlighter in the shade
  • 3x Mineral Eyeshadows in the shades 'Champagne', 'Gunmetal' and 'Tarnished'
Earthnicity Minerals Review


They also sent a Kabuki brush with the kit which came in very useful (and is lovely quality and as it is synthetic, it is very soft. You can pick one up here.)

So how did it perform?
Well I have heard that it is difficult to get mineral foundation 'wrong' you just swirl your brush into the product, tap off the excess and buff into your skin (starting from the outside of your face and moving inwards). You repeat this step until you have your desired coverage and you should be left with a natural looking base.
Using the rest of the products was easy, I buffed the concealer under my eyes with my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush and then applied the eyeshadows, blush and highlighter in the usual way - just being sure to tap off my brushes more than usual.
Here is the result: *Warning!! Bare faced pic coming up!*


Earthnicity Minerals Review


As you can see the result is very natural looking in comparison with using a full face of liquid foundation etc. The only makeup I am wearing in this picture that isn't from my Earthnicity Minerals kit is mascara.

Wear time was around 5-6 hours without a primer on my skin, the eyeshadows last around the 8 hour mark without a primer which is excellent for eyeshadows. Wear time is prolonged with the use of primers (both skin and eyeshadow primers) and I think the result is amazing, I looked like me but just better without it being obvious I was wearing makeup.

I wore all 3 eyeshadows at one, 'Champagne' all over the lid, 'Tarnished ' in the crease and 'Gunmetal' along the upper lash line for definition.

Earthnicity Minerals Review


Overall I am seriously impressed by this kit and I would love to try more from the range, they have some exciting looking eye colours, lipsticks and bronzers which are making their way onto my lust lists.

What are you opinions on mineral makeup?

Toodles xxx

*PR Sample
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I second that: your skin does look amazing! I had no idea this company existed but I'm definitely going to check them out

    Holly @ moondroptitle@blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete

© Sparkles of Light. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig