Thursday, 20 February 2014

My Favourite Mascaras


Hello Everyone!

Today I am doing a little post to show you my all time favourite mascaras.
Being a beauty addict, I have tried a fair few mascaras and I seem to end up with new ones appearing all the time as free samples or as miniatures in gift sets.
I personally like dramatic mascaras, no natural look for me! This is because I wear glasses and, as any glasses wearers will know, glasses tend to tone down your eye look, something gets lost behind those little frames. This means that if I go for a natural 'can't tell I'm em wearing mascara' mascara, then you simply can't see my lashes behind my frames.
So here are, in my opinion, the best in big lashes:



First up is Benefit - They're Real
I know that this is a real love it or hate it mascara, one of the main gripes people have with this mascara is that it is hard to remove, yes it is but I can't help but love it. This is such a perfect mascara for me, it is super black and really lifts and defines my lashes whilst adding massive volume and thickness. I think this is my top mascara of all time.



Next we have Too Faced - Better Than Sex
Moving on from the name (I don't know about you but I would find it embarrassing to ask for this in a shop or to ask anyone if they use this) this is another mascara I have found adds volume and thickness to my lashes, it isn't as hard to remove as 'They're Real' so that has made me reach for this a lot on days when I know I will be in a hurry to remove my makeup in the evening, I only have a sample size as I got this in a holiday Too Faced set but the packaging is the same as the full sized tube. I love the cute, girly pink tube... Not so fond of the name. The wand is an unusual hourglass shape that you are supposed to turn as you apply... Takes a bit of practice but it is worth it!



Finally we have the newest addition to the collection L'Oreal - Miss Manga Mascara
Not very often does an advert for a new mascara have me excited but this one did, it looked amazing and for me it lived up to the advert, I love the length I get from this mascara, it gives me more length than either of the other two mascaras and it is easy to remove, it doesn't give me any added thickness though, which is why it isn't my out and out favourite. The wand is a strange shape, it is shaped like a Christmas tree and it bends when you apply it to your lashes, the tapering makes it easier to reach the corner lashes or your lower lashes (if you use mascara on them)



All three of these will be in my collection for a long time to come.
What are your favourite mascaras? Do you share my loves?

Toodles xxx
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Replies
    1. Try the L'oreal one first it's the cheapest but it's brilliant x

      Delete
  2. I'm really tempted by the miss manga mascara! I might have to get it while boots have the 3 for 2 offer!

    Jenn | PhotoJennic

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it when boots have the offer on, I'm hoping to pick up the 3 new real techniques too xx

      Delete
  3. I've tried They're Real, but I've never tried any of the others. They sound awesome though, especially the L'Oreal one, I love mascaras that give good length x

    thebigmegowski.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you like they're real? I've heard people have bought the loreal one in different colours too I might have to pick one up x

      Delete
  4. They're Real is SERIOUSLY the best mascara I've ever used, but Better Than Sex sounds... pretty tempting.

    ReplyDelete

© Sparkles of Light. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig