Sunday, 19 January 2014

Zoeva Sun Powder Palette Review

Follow on Bloglovin

Hello Everyone,
Today I have a review of the Zoeva Sun Power Blush Palette.


Zoeva is not a brand I had heard a lot about until I saw their Nude Palette popping up on blogs here and there, people generally seemed to give rave reviews and (of course) being a bit of a beauty addict, that made me eager to try more....
Cue the Sun Powder Blush Palette.

As a German brand, Zoeva is relatively unknown here in the UK, recently however, there has been a whispered hype surrounding their products in the online beauty community, I personally don't think it will be too long till this brand explodes in the UK as they seem to deliver what we are all always on the hunt for, great products at affordable prices.
Even though this is a brand based in Germany, they do ship internationally so it is just as easy as ordering from a UK website.
Check out the Zoeva website by clicking on the link.

Lets start this review by discussing the packaging, I have to say that although the packaging appears pretty, sleek, simple, white on black all positive, the actual feel of the product is a bit flimsy, the plastic is thin and cheap feeling and inside the lid there is a huge empty space where a mirror could be. The plastic feels similar to that of the sleek palettes, perfunctory with no added thrill, however, that is just aesthetics and the real test is in the product itself.
Inside the palette lies 10 powders, a sunny mix of blushers and bronzers that brighten up this dreary January weather with their summery hues. Just what the doctor ordered really if, like me, you are suffering from post Christmas blues.

There is a good range of colour here as the shades range from pinks to peaches to browns. All shades have an element of shimmer but in some of the colours, the shimmer is so discreet they are verging on matte. In my opinion, the highest shimmer shade actually reminds me of NARS Orgasm in terms of sparkle content, wearable and buildable.
All shades are highly pigmented and pick up very easily on the brush so I recommend a light hand during application and tapping your brush off first (no seriously, first time I used these I was far too enthusiastic and ended up looking like I was auditioning for the role of a clown). The pigmentation of these blushes reminded me of the powder blushes by Illamasqua.
Blending is easy as the formula is soft and smooth, so if you have been a bit heavy handed just blend away and try not to panic (Keep Calm and Carry On).

Unfortunately, Zoeva didn't give these shades individual names, I don't know about you but I like everything to be named, names stick in my head more than a position in a palette for picking a blush or bronzer I know works well. That aside, I have swatched these and numbered them. Apologies for the lighting, it has rained constant for weeks and good daylight is few and far between but the swatches are still quite clear.


As you can see there is a good mix of colours and I do think that if you don't have a lot of blushes and bronzers, this palette could cover all your bases and you wouldn't need much else, however if you are like me and have an alarming amount of different face products, this still would be a good investment as it is only £14.50 which I think is fantastic value for the pigmentation and the amount of product you get.

The Sparkles 5:


The Sun Powder Palette scores 17.5 out of 25 for me here which is pretty good :)
Wear Time is impressive and has lasted around the 6-7 hour mark on me. That for me is pretty much all day wear.
Formula is fantastic, really easy to apply, easy to blend and smooth with no chunky glitters. I love the formulation and think that it is rare you find face products this good at highstreet prices.
Pigmentation is again, top notch, comparable to Illamasqua and MAC easily at a fraction of the price.
Packaging is a bit low as it is simply a case, it doesn't feel nice, there isn't a mirror and is really nothing special.
Lust factor is 2.5 out of 5 because although this is a great palette, the packaging lets it down a little and for me, to lust after something it has to be something a bit special to look at in pictures, although in person I think the powders are pretty special to look at, it isn't something I would see pop up on a teaser add and instantly know I need it.

All in all I love this palette, minus the packing it is amazing, I am so glad I have this and I have been using it a lot, I think this palette will get a lot of love from me and I can see it lasting a while due to pigmentation as you only need a small amount to get a completed look.

What do you think? Have you ever used any Zoeva products?

Toodles xxx






SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Enjoyed reading this :) I agree, it's a great palette with a good colour range. I recently discovered Zoeva and love their products. Excellent quality at affordable prices! I purchased their makeup brushes which are fantastic. I'd say they are on par with Sigma brushes and much cheaper. I also got some eye pencils, which are super pigmented and creamy, as well as the Sun Power Blush palette that I love and their Naturally Yours eyeshadow palette that has beautiful natural shades. The concealer palette is what I'm currently eyeing :)

    http://beauty2dcore.com/

    ReplyDelete

© Sparkles of Light. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig