Sunday, 5 January 2014

YSL Limited Edition Rosy Blush Collector Palette Review

Follow on Bloglovin
Hello Everyone!

Today's review will be focusing on the new limited edition blush released with YSL's 2014 Spring collection.

YSL Limited Edition Rosy Blush Collector Palette Review

The blush is called 'Rosy Blush' and is housed in a beautiful collectors palette.
YSL packaging is usually beautiful, with its heavy gold exterior it just screams luxury but with this palette they have truly excelled themselves.
The lid of the blush palette is adorned with a complex pink and gold motif, the colours play off one another in a stunning way with the gold engravings being a high shine, mirrored effect that is customary with YSL packaging with the addition of the matte, dusty rosy pink background. The palette design is said to emulate a floral whirlwind, and it certainly does.

This is what YSL say about the palette (from the website http://www.yslbeauty.co.uk)

  • Iconic accessory of the Spring Look 2014, a new collector palette in a sublime case to give the complexion a glorious spring touch. Exquisitely engraved. Matt contrasting with the shiny gold compact, its graphic motif projects all the energy of a floral whirlwind, softened by the delicacy of its flowery shades.
  • “The very lightly coloured nude blush creates fresh radiance and subtly sculpts the cheekbones with powdery light-catching pearls. Like an explosion of roses that light up the complexion with soft freshness.” LLOYD SIMMONDS
Inside the palette is the main event, the blush, it is a beautiful innocent pink colour with some very fine golden shimmer.
YSL Limited Edition Rosy Blush Collector Palette Review

The design of the blush is once again, stunning. Continuing on with the theme of the outside packaging, the blush is moulded to look like rose petals. Roses are my favourite flower so this added a little something special for me, but even if they aren't your top flower, there is still something very special about the design of the powder. It was almost a shame to get my brush into it.
YSL Limited Edition Rosy Blush Collector Palette Review

YSL describe this as a nude blush and it really is, despite the golden shimmer it looks very natural on the face, it goes on sheer (which tends to be the way in a lot of high end blushes)  which I really like as it means you can build up to get your desired coverage, it is always easier to add more over time than it is to take it off!
As it is so sheer you can use it as a beautiful natural looking highlight or you can build it up to give you a fresh looking flush to your face, I used it as a blush on the times I have used it and it gives you the appearance that you have been outside frolicking around in the spring flowers, a very pretty and innocent healthy glow.
The below swatch is on my arm without a primer, the top swatch is the sheer first swatch and the one below is how it looks built up a bit.
YSL Limited Edition Rosy Blush Collector Palette Review


The Sparkles 5:


YSL Limited Edition Rosy Blush Collector Palette Review


As you might have guessed, this blush rates pretty high, 22/25.
The Lust factor is very high, this is definitely something I need in my life, even though I have a lot of blushers, this one is very much one of my new favourites.
Wear time is pretty standard and will hold up around 6 hours before you need to re-apply, but again, with a sheer blush, this is to be expected.
The formula is brilliant, it blends effortlessly and builds with ease. The shimmer in it manages to be subtle enough to wear in the daytime and not look like you've had some sort of glitter related injury, yet it delivers a subtle luminosity to your face.
Pigmentation is relatively sheer but as I said before, I like this sometimes as it is easier to control the amount that you place on your face, no clown looks here.
The packaging is amazing, I have ranted about it enough so I won't do it again but it really is beautiful.

There we have it, I hope you enjoyed this review, will you be picking this up?
Toodles xxx

SHARE:

17 comments

  1. This is so pretty, I love it! Love your scoring too x

    Claire | AgentSmyth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I know, I can't get over the design :) xx

      Delete
  3. Oh my - it's so so so pretty. Shame it's so expensive otherwise I'd be straight out to buy it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Ysl prices are pretty crazy but sometimes something just screams my name, and it is called Rosy lol xx

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It's definitely one for display :) c

      Delete
  5. I have to admit that I would probably buy this just because of the packaging :)

    sparklewithlaughter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeoussss! I love your star rating as well! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you it's new for this year :) xx

      Delete
  7. this looks really nice and its great that you can build it up!its packaging is bluming gorgeous too!:)xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it I've been wearing it every day :) xx

      Delete
  8. I followed you on instagram and twitter! would love it you followed back on both please! @sabrinainmonaco xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where did you buy it? I can't find it in US(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I'm in the UK, it might not be released yet in the US xx

      Delete

© Sparkles of Light. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig