Tuesday, 28 January 2014

'Disney' and 'Daisy and Minnie' Lip Smacker Review

Follow on Bloglovin

Hello Everyone!
Today I am reviewing two themed lip balms from Lip Smacker, one Disney Princess balm and one Daisy and Minnie balm.
Last year saw an explosion of excitement in the beauty community about a launch of lip balms (that shall remain nameless) with cute packaging, only for them to be a bit of a let down to many (myself included), this left a lot of us with the need for a balm that has cute packaging, is easy to throw on, hydrating and easy to throw into a handbag or a pocket... This year my friends, is the year of the Lip Smacker.


Disney Lip Smacker Review

The two balms that I have are 'Daisy and Minnie - Berry BFF' and 'Disney - Cinderella'
Both balms offer hydration to the lips and a sweet taste and smell.
Berry BFF tastes and smells a lot like DR PEPPER which is really nice as I am a bit of a DR PEPPER fiend so I am very much enjoying using this one.
Cinderella is vanilla scented and is describes as having 'a bit of palace razzle-dazzle' which I assume applies to the slight shimmer that is in this balm, the shimmer makes your lips look plump and shiny and personally I love a little bit of shimmer in my life.
I would use these on lips that are already in normal condition as I don't think they are going to be very good at healing but they do deliver a nice amount of moisture during the day. I like to use these before I apply lipstick by applying to the lips at the start of my makeup routine and then by the time I come to finish my look with lipstick, my lips are prepped and hydrated ready to go.
I also carry one of these in my coat pocket when I'm out and about to keep my lips nice when I'm not wearing lipstick.

Disney Lip Smacker Review

As you can see from the picture above, the balms look tinted but on the lips they come off sheer (although Cinderella has the added shimmer)
I'm sure you will have probably heard of Lip Smacker before, perhaps you have even tried them before, I know I used to use them a lot when I was a young teen (and I had an unfortunate experience of a strange friend eating a chocolate flavoured one I had :/ ....) but I haven't used much from them till now,
If you see one, pick it up, have a go and see if it fills the void.
These are pretty affordable, £2.50 each from Primark (Daisy and Minnie) or Debenhams (Cinderella) so what do you think? Will you be picking any up?
Toodles xxx

*PR sample

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. These are so cute! I love Disney!

    Jenn | Photo-Jenn-ic

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love disney too I'm like a big kid at heart :) xx

      Delete
  2. Eeeeeee I adore these so much! Where did you buy them?
    Jasmine at rabbit-wood.blogspot.com
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These were sent to me but you can get them at debenhams and primark :) xx

      Delete

© Sparkles of Light. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig