Friday, 27 December 2013

Why Do You Wear Makeup Tag

Follow on Bloglovin
makeup beauty blogger feminism

Hello Everyone!
With it being Christmas and all there have been less hauls happening in my life so I thought I would do a tag today.
I first saw this tag pop up in my Bloglovin' feed from Miss Beauty Obsession's blog,  I found it to be an interesting post, you can see her post By clicking here.
So without further ado, I will begin.

1. When did you begin wearing makeup? 
I was about 13 when I first started to experiment with makeup but back then it was only eyeshadow and nail polish, I didn't start wearing eyeliner till I was around 17-18 before I started actually doing my face before I went out but I didn't have a clue how to use makeup as no one in my family wore any so it was down to YouTube that I learned what to do, that and my Jemma Kidd and Bobbi Brown books.

2. How do you feel without makeup? 

It depends where I'm going, if I'm just going to the supermarket or out walking dogs I feel fine without makeup on but if I'm going somewhere else I like to do my makeup, for example, if I'm going fashion or makeup shopping I always do myself up, that way you get more help at makeup counters, I've tried to buy from a makeup counter (brand shall remain nameless) with no makeup on before and I was basically treated like I couldn't afford the stuff! So in certain situations it gives me more confidence, like putting your game face on.

3. What do you like about makeup?  

I love the amount of different looks you can get just by slightly changing the colours you're using, I enjoy the process of picking out what I will wear, my different brushes or sponges and getting to work, it's a little me time and I just enjoy seeing what works well and what doesn't.

4. Three 'Holy Grail' items

YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat Foundation:

This is definitely a foundation for better skin days as it is pretty sheer but I just love everything about it. I love the packaging with the glass bottle and the gold lid, I love the smell of it and I love the finish, it is subtle yet adds an all over dewy glow, I just think it makes me look so healthy and if I could marry this foundation, I probably would.

Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette:

In my opinion, Naked 2 is better than Naked 1. I find myself reaching for the shades in this palette more than any other, it can create so many neutral looks or you can blend the shades into bolder colours for a smoother or more wearable transition colour. If you are investing in one palette it should be Naked 2.

NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in 'Milk':

I saw this in a couple of YouTube tutorials and couldn't resist picking it up, I use this all over my lid  after I have applied my Urban Decay Primer Potion, gently pat it in and it gives a fantastic white base which helps any colours you use on your lid to pop and look more true to pan colour rather than changing with the colour of your lids underneath. The jumbo pencils are slightly tacky so product sticks well to them and, on me anyway, they don't crease, so my eye shadow looks as good at the end of my day as it did when I applied it.
There we go, I hope you liked this little tag. If you do it be sure to leave me your links or I can have a little read.
Toodles xxx
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Interesting post, its made me think why I wear make up too, lol! To make me look alive and give me more confidence I guess lol! The YSL foundation is excellent and the only non natural one I have repurchased over and over again ! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, its not too often I get drawn in by a tag but I've read all of these that I've seen pop up. Xxx

      Delete
  2. Great blog! I find the exact same thing when makeup shopping with no makeup on! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its so rude isn't it? Sometimes you just want to do a bit of easy shopping buy not if you actually want assistance lol xx

      Delete

© Sparkles of Light. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig