Sunday, 1 December 2013

Too Faced Pretty Rebel Palette Review and Swatches

Follow on Bloglovin
Hello Everyone!
Today we are talking about the Pretty Rebel palette from Too Faced.
I first saw this palette popping up on blogs from America and I was desperate to get my hands on it, sadly it was only available in the USA and one UK website that had mixed reviews that swayed me from ordering from them.
However, now ASOS have started stocking it! I was thrilled and picked one up as soon as I noticed.
I have to say, all the waiting and anticipation was worth it, this is an amazing palette and if you are looking for a good Christmas present for someone (or yourself) you can pick it up for £40 on the ASOS website by clicking here.
Too Faced Pretty Rebel Palette Review and Swatches
The packaging is a love it or hate it type deal for me, it could be said to be edging towards tacky with the gold sparkle backing and the suede-esque strips running all over it, but personally I loved it, it is very different to other palettes I own in design and therefore stands out to me.
Inside there is 10 shades, all these shades are highly pigmented and the lasting power is fantastic. They will last all day without a primer, which is pretty unheard of for me as I usually need a primer to get my shadows to not crease on my lids.
Too Faced Pretty Rebel Palette Review and Swatches
Starting at the top of my arm we have:
  • Jailbird: A metallic silver shade. The pigmentation is amazing and the finish is similar to that of a cream shadow. It blends well into the other colours too and is a gorgeous statement shade.
  • Badass: A dark indigo shade with silver shimmer running through it. The shimmer isnt at all chunky and in fact gives a beautiful iridescence to the shadow, perfect for this time of year.
  • Instigator: An antique gold coloured metallic shade. Once again, the finish is similar to that of a cream shadow and reminds me of Illamasqua's Liquid Metal in the shade Electrum.
  • Gangsta: A warm bronze shade with coppery undertones when it catches the light. This colour mixes beautifully in the crease with the other shades.
  • Ringleader: A pink toned champagne colour that would be a gorgeous highlight, inner corner or subtle all over colour.
  • Miss Sparkles: A very dark black with silver shimmer running through. This colour reminds me of a nights sky as the silver looks like little stars. It is a very pretty colour and is again perfect for this time of year.
  • Totally Fetch: A very bright fuchsia with a slightly blue undertone, the colour wear on this one is amazing it literally wont budge!
  • Girly: An earthy brown with green iridescent shimmer running through, this is my favourite colour from the palette as in some lights it looks green and in others it looks brown, a gorgeous shade worth buying the palette for!
  • Charming: A deep mahogany colour, the red undertones on this shade make it a beautiful brown colour with a little something extra. This shade is matte so no shimmers here.
  • Dainty: A light pinky white colour, this one is the most sheer of the palette and makes a great base colour for building up your looks.
Along with the shadows, they have included a little look book with three easy looks to copy, I decided to have a go following the instructions and below is the finished look:
Too Faced Pretty Rebel Palette Review and Swatches
Base colour was 'Dainty' pulled all the way from the lash-line up to the brow.
Next 'Girly' went all over the lid and just above the crease line.
Finally 'Charming' went into the outer V and along the lower lash-line, I really blended the shades out more sheer as this was for a daytime shopping look but you could definitely build the colour up to be more intense.
I hope you enjoyed reading this review and let me know if you pick one of these palettes up, I'm really glad I did.
Toodles xxx




SHARE:

10 comments

  1. I've never tried Too Faced before but this palette looks lovely!
    xxx

    www.salted-roses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't really had much from
      Them either but I'll be buying more after this. X

      Delete
  2. Wow this sounds and looks amazing the silver looks super pigmented x

    www.krystelcouture.com
    GLAMGLOW + Macadamia Oil Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the silver it's so pigmented! X

      Delete
  3. This looks like an amazing palette! 'Jailbird' looks gorgeous! x

    Jordan-Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty unusual for a powder shadow in its colour and finish I think :) x

      Delete
  4. This palette looks so nice, the pigmentation seems to be really impressive! I'd love to know what you are planning to to with the fuchsia colour because I find it so hard to create something beautiful with such strong colours.

    xx

    www.kazetime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya, I was going to use it in the crease smoked up with a bit of brown and then maybe running under the eye near the waterline with a more neutral lid colour to balance it out :) xx

      Delete
  5. The colours in this pallet are brilliant. How you have applied it is also brill. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, thank you and yes it's definitely one of the best palettes I own xx

      Delete

© Sparkles of Light. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig