Tuesday, 3 December 2013

Mini Superdrug Haul and First Impressions

Follow on Bloglovin
Hello Everyone!
Today I will be showing you a mini haul that I picked up whilst Christmas shopping. Superdrug had a 3 for 2 offer on so I decided why not get some freebies. I went for more glitzy items as Tis The Season To Be Sparkly!
I want to stress that this is a first impressions post and not a review so it won't be in depth or have the swatches I normally have in review posts.
This has been my first dabble into the world of Maybelline Color Tattoos and I've not tried them yet, I have swatched them and they are beautiful so I'm looking forward to seeing if they are worth the hype.
I bought a berry toned Bourjois Shine Edition lipstick to try them out in comparison with my Revlon Lip Butters that I love so much. Again I've not had this on yet but I did swatch it on my arm and I'm looking forward to trying it out soon.
After my love for an Accessorize
palette I reviewed  here, I decided to try out a couple more bits from the line, I bought a single shimmer eyeshadow and a nail varnish in a metallic plum colour. So far (swatched alone no primer) the eyeshadow seems a bit too sheer with poor pigmentation but I will try building it up over primer for an actual look. The nail varnish appears to be nice, not streaky and dried to a nice finish on my swatch.
I bought a pink glitter eyeliner from Collection and the initial swatch of this is amazing I love it so much, I can't wait to use it in upcoming festive looks.
Last (and least) is an offering from MUA, a glittery eye palette. I saw this was new and decided to try it, no... Just no. First impressions are terrible, it is basically Vaseline with huge chunks of scratchy, patchy glitter in it. I have tried one other MUA palette and wasn't impressed with that either as the colour pay off was terrible so I think I might avoid this brand in future even if it is cheap I still expect to get wear out of a cheap product. Have you got any recommendations from the MUA line that might sway me?
Hope you enjoyed this mini post :)
Toodles xxx
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I still need to jump onto the colour-tattoo-band wagon because all I hear about them is amazing but I don't know, somehow they didn't 'get' me so far, if you know what I mean? Do you enjoy yours?

    xx

    www.kazetime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They didn't make me jump either but everyone just kept going on about them I had to try them in the end. So far they perform really well my makeup did stay in place all day xx

      Delete

© Sparkles of Light. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig