Tuesday, 10 December 2013

MAC RiRi Holiday Lipsticks

Follow on Bloglovin
Hello Everyone!
I know what you're thinking 'here we go again!!' Another MAC Limited Edition Collection, another collaboration with Rihanna, but once again, I couldn't help myself.
The first wave came out on the Selfridges website on the 5th December (UK) and so at 7am I had already had a browse and decided that there wasn't as much that excited me this time round, so out of the whole collection I picked up two lipsticks.
MAC RiRi Holiday Lipsticks bad girl riri pleasure bomb pleasurebomb
MAC RiRi Holiday Lipsticks bad girl riri pleasure bomb pleasurebomb

The packaging this time is another Limited Edition offering and is similar to the rose gold of the Autumn (or fall as they called it) collection, however this time we are seeing a lot of white, this must be to show it is the 'Holiday' collection. I like the white and rose gold packaging but I don't think it is quite as special as the previous collection.
The two lipsticks I grabbed in the usual 'new collection frenzy' are a bold pink shade called 'Pleasure Bomb' and a dusty, rosy brown colour called 'Bad Girl RiRi'
Now one word of warning, I tried to pick up two of each shades, that being 4 lipsticks in total, however each time I got to checkout and was about to pay, Selfridges had kindly decided for me that I didn't want 'Pleasure Bomb' and was instead trying to ship me 4 'Bad Girl RiRi' lipsticks... So after furiously screaming NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO as it happened for the 4th time, it worked on the 5th attempt. Cheers for the stress Selfridges.
MAC RiRi Holiday Lipsticks bad girl riri pleasure bomb pleasurebomb
The two shades are gorgeous and although they are matte, they don't seem to be the retro matte formula anymore as they are smoother to apply, creamier feel but with a matte finish that doesn't dry out the lips but it isn't hydrating either (as to be expected in a matte finish).
MAC RiRi Holiday Lipsticks bad girl riri pleasure bomb pleasurebomb
Apologies for the goosebumps and the mess in the background, it is December and cold and as I was trying to blog I had a baby and a puppy causing a mini riot in the background.
Now we have the sorries out the way, just look at the colour.
'Pleasure Bomb' is definitely the show stopper. If you get the chance to grab one of these (I hear MAC is releasing this collection on the 12th) I would grab one while you can.
Did you get an of this collection from Selfridges?
Hope you enjoyed the post!
Toodles xxx


SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Great colours & funky packaging. Thanks for sharing :-)

    x Roch & Tash x
    www.next-route-style.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that packaging! The colours are great too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Limited edition packing does it for me every time! Xx

      Delete
  3. Oh wow they are both gorgeous! The packaging alone makes me want them!

    Jenn | Photo-Jenn-ic

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pretty much bought them because of the packaging lol xx

      Delete
  4. I can't get over the packaging, it's so gorgeous. I also love both shades :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am all about packaging, I know I shouldn't be but I can't help it x

      Delete
  5. These are beautiful colours and the packaging is incredible!! I love 'Pleasure bomb'- it's such a bright and eye-catching colour!

    Alice from aliceinthelookingglass.wordpress.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so nice, if you're familiar with MAC colours I think it's like a love child of Russian Red and Candy Yum Yum x

      Delete

© Sparkles of Light. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig