Sunday, 8 December 2013

KIKO Cosmetics Haul and First Impressions

Follow on Bloglovin

Hello Everyone!
Today we are talking about a recent haul I made from a company called KIKO.
KIKO are an Italian brand and have a huge range, they remind me a bit if INGLOT with their affordability along with a vast (and somewhat boggling) array of products.
I warn you now this post will be a bit photo heavy.
Even though they are based in Italy, they ship to the UK, that added to my excitement when I received a parcel with foreign writing (I am that easily excited yes).
This is a first impressions and not an in depth review.
This is what I ordered:
kiko cosmetics haul review swatches
Still In Boxes
kiko cosmetics haul review swatches
And Unboxed.

I bought a lipstick (top left), a highlighting stick (middle top row), a nail varnish and 3 eye shadows.
All the shades are numbers instead of names (like INGLOT) which I'm not a huge fan of - I like the quirky names! - but basically I picked a random pink lipstick and three random coloured shadows, gold, shimmer and cranberry shades. The nail varnish is a green/blue hybrid and the highlighter is a golden shimmer.
First impressions of the shadows are that they have good pigmentation, however the shimmer colour took a fair bit of building up...
kiko cosmetics haul review swatches
kiko cosmetics haul review swatches
I am excited to use the coppery gold and the cranberry, not so much the shimmer, although it might make a nice inner corner colour.
The lipstick is lovely, so creamy and pigmented. It has a fine shimmer running through and smells like vanilla. The packaging is lovely too, you have to push the top of the lipstick to dispense the tube and I liked that little added gimmick.
kiko cosmetics haul review swatches
The smell reminded me of a MAC/Illamasqua love child, caramel and vanilla at once, but not too strong, I love this lipstick.
The Highlighter is another story, it looks beautiful in the tube, it swatches a little glittery but in the mirror in my house I was looking good with my cheekbones and bridge of my nose highlighted so I added some to my cupids bow and set off.... 2 hours later I caught sight of myself in a mirror and I looked like Edward Cullen... My whole face sparkled, a disco was happening right there, on my face, for all to see. Back of the drawer for you Highlighter!
On a plus it smelled of vanilla too.
kiko cosmetics haul review swatches
The nail varnish I haven't tried yet so I can't comment on that but the colour is lovely so I am looking forward to trying it.
Have you bought anything from KIKO?
You can visit the website HERE.
Hope you enjoyed this post and mini chat.
Toodles xxx





SHARE:

4 comments

  1. These look amazing, very pigmented! You picked some lovely colours and they're very festive too x

    Claire | AgentSmyth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'm glad you enjoyed the post I know I always get excited seeing different things xx

      Delete
  2. Lovely products! ♥ I also got one of their eye shadows recently. One that is kind of smiliar to the cranberry shade above but more of a purplish red. The pigmentation is amazing!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really nice in pretty impressed xx

      Delete

© Sparkles of Light. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig